Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Getting Lucky

I was all setup to take this photo - and just as I was about to press the shutter, this fellow runs into the photo, and strikes the pose. Sometimes you just get lucky.

[Image: Dog%20Beach.jpg]

Leica M9 / 50mm Summicron M. 1000/sec F2.8 ISO 160

Makes the photo. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks NT!

It is a fine shot without the pooch, but it just adds to it. And it is the same colour as your sig. Wink

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

The little creature was a bonus, certainly enhancing the image. The lighting and exposure work very well.

Regards.....Dennis

Very sweet picture Toad. You were right with the title.... Smile

I always consider them Happy dogs....

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks for your comments, everyone.

NT73 Wrote:And it is the same colour as your sig. Wink
I always do the signature in a color that exists somewhere i the photo. The selection was easy for this one...

skillful exposure control

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks Don. I am finding the new camera pretty solid at exposures . This photo is completely unprocessed other than a crop and siggy.

I'll break the mold and suggest it's underexposed Big Grin ...
...But, and of more importance Big Grin top marks to the dog-capture(or are you just showing us how easily you overcome the rule about animals and children?!)

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Zig Wrote:I'll break the mold and suggest it's underexposed Big Grin ...
...But, and of more importance Big Grin top marks to the dog-capture(or are you just showing us how easily you overcome the rule about animals and children?!)
I agree with you re the exposure. It wouldn't have taken but a moment to correct it - but I didn't bother. I don't consider this one "art" by any means - and in reality I should have posted int in Snapshots. I really only posted it because I thought it was funny that the dog ran into the frame and struck a pose - and not because I felt the final photo was particularly fine or memorable. Posting in Snapshots would have made that more clear, I suppose.

Animals and children, eh? Hadn't thought about that. Is that one of W.C. Fields' rules?

Ha, wouldn't be surprised!

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Dear Robert, this is so beautiful, I agree with all my friends, you did well, especially to capture with this dog! I loved it, and also the colours of the photograph amazing, rocks, sands, sea and shadows...

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Thanks nia!

Toad Wrote:I agree with you re the exposure. It wouldn't have taken but a moment to correct it - but I didn't bother. I don't consider this one "art" by any means - and in reality I should have posted int in Snapshots. I really only posted it because I thought it was funny that the dog ran into the frame and struck a pose - and not because I felt the final photo was particularly fine or memorable. Posting in Snapshots would have made that more clear, I suppose.

Animals and children, eh? Hadn't thought about that. Is that one of W.C. Fields' rules?
I don't think your picture has a Snapshot quality, Toad. Actually I enjoyed very much your picture... I think it has two hard contrast in mood or feelings. One corner is the happy playful dogie and in the other one the threatening corner with the rocks, kind of mysterious. Very much your style, I think.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks, Irma!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
May 26, 2016, 20:20
Last Post by EdMak
Mar 27, 2015, 09:05
Last Post by Irma
Oct 15, 2006, 23:27