Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nasty Weather in the Midwest (Toad's nightmare)

[Image: Not%20In%20Kansas%20Anymore.jpg]

I had a bad dream about 2 tornados on the Prairies.

That's scarey Mr T. Great, but worrying even to a Brit.

I keep dreaming of twin moons............

Cave canem

Excellent! ...
Those clouds and tornados look so dramatic... The color of the field looks gorgeous... so warm... fantastic contrast with the sky...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

:| I'm Speechless........ great effort there, like Irma says such a dramatic contrast from earthy tones of land to threatening skies......

FujiFilm Finepix S5600

Toad, please put me at ease here: composite, yes? If so, when done?...and if not, then...ooer.
I'm quite arrested by your pic: a year or 2 ago I had a dream in which 7 tornados just like these stormed slowly towards me across the Severn estuary, whereupon I got out the car. They stopped right in front of me, flashing and roaring away, while I just peacefully stood there among them in comfortable awe...beautiful.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Toad Wrote:I had a bad dream about 2 tornados on the Prairies.

Yay! That was some nightmare! "Twister" is one of my all time favourite films. I also have a Warren Faidley calender on the wall. If I had my time over again I'd want to go on at least one hair-raising chase. Big Grin

Superb picture, though I trust it's not a something you shot when you were out storm chasing for real?

Pol

Holly crap, Toad, I've never seen anythink like that before. That's some scary stuff and an excellent capture also! Thank you for sharing!

Ps: Are you at the midwest now?

John

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Excellent image Toad. I'm going to guess all is real but the twisters themselves. yay? Nay?

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks people. Analysts say that dreaming of vilolent storms means you feel your life is out of control. What do they know?

I have been trying to come up with some really scary imagery for the cover of a new heavy metal CD. When I had the dream about the twisters, I started to work on this one. The original scene is very benign...

[Image: Hay%20Rolls.jpg]

The rest of it including the twisters is pure PhotoShoppery - and no real twisters were filmed or injured during the making of this photo.

I think I may be on to something here, and the CD cover will probably be a variation on this theme (if the band likes it).

My favorite detail is the debris flying around at the base of the larger tornado - even though it is barely visible, I think it adds "reality" to the shot.

Great job Toadster. Hope the band likes it.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Great work!

And my thought was that you worked with two images... one the sky and the other the field... and then you worked to with ps to have the tornados... Once I painted clouds... it was one of the most difficult parts of my painting... The clouds and tornados are fantastic...

Good luck with this picture Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

One word - COOOOOOL!!!
Smile

Stay away from those video games pilgrim.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I reckon two tornadoes is overdoing it a bit, but the clouds are fantastic.
It really alters the scene.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

NT73 Wrote:I reckon two tornadoes is overdoing it a bit, but the clouds are fantastic.
It really alters the scene.
Thanks - actually multiple simultaneous tornados spinning off from a storm system is rather common. But it would be pretty lucky to capture them both in the same frame complete with a scenic foreground, I admit...

That's awesome work Mr T! I love the twisters! It's amazing that you painted? them in... Big Grin

You should put a couple of cows flying through the air while you're at it... Big Grin

Who says it has to look realistic? I love the two tornados, and I think it would look great on a CD cover.
I think the mood of the first shoot (the lighting mostly) really lends itself to your photoshopping. Great work!!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Thanks Schellamo - a really nice comment - particulaly as my personal philosophy has always been "Who says it has to look realistic?".

I really think it has to look sort-of-realistic - i.e. the lighting has to be sort of right and it can't look cut-and-paste - but the whole idea of Photoshoppery is to change what you see - maybe subtley - maybe hugely.

Thanks again.

Stunning image Toad. Great artwork on the tornado's. I love the carnage at the base of the tornado. Did you use any source images for the clouds, looks way to good to be all hand drawn.

It will make a striking CD cover. Can I ask the name of the band?

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Thanks S. I did use a "base" image for the clouds, but they are virtually unrecognizable - the clouds were benign white fluffy things - and far less of them - for the Tornado image they are horribly mutated. The base image did help me get the fluffiness and swirls correctly, though - but it is true that they are not painted per se.

The band is called Cradle to Grave - I did their first CD packaging - probably a couple threads of mine about that back a year or so. They are a Vancouver based "Death" Metal band. They actually really hate being labeled Death Metal or Heavy Metal or such..they have one song where they do a slice of Minuet on it as an instrumental break - so the guitarist says that they should be called "Chamber Metal" at that point...

You can see the first CD packaging at my pro website: browse to CD Artwork page

www.photofx-canada.com

thats awesome Toad.

love the PS work would have sucked me in!!! Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Dec 28, 2015, 10:26
Last Post by EdMak
Dec 20, 2013, 13:29
Last Post by PhotoPlay
Nov 23, 2013, 15:05