Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Great Yorkshire Show

I took only a Panasonic TZ5, and these show the limitations of not having a eye viewfinder.

No. 1. I pre-focussed in the centre of the photo, but the sun was too strong to see anything in the viewfinder. Hence dogs miles away.
[Image: P1000909.jpg]

No. 2. Try again. Bit better result, but strong sunlight in lcd again makes hitting the shutter at the right time very difficult.
[Image: P1000908f.jpg]

No. 3. A crop, from No 2 .
[Image: P1000908.jpg]

No. 4. Imagine a bird of prey doing figure of eights between your legs..Amazing training.
[Image: P1000913c.jpg]
[Image: P1000914.jpg]

No. 5. This one I could see the LCD , but he's on a perch 6 feet away. Good subjects.
[Image: P1000899a.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

These are amazing! How much I love nature world and animals... I loved these pictures, how beautiful seem, the water and the reflection! Do you know I wished to see this more in the picture. But I can almost understand you were focus on these running dogs that was so nice too. And also I should add this, the bird was unbelievable too. Thank you,
have a nice day,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

[Image: dogs%20are%20running.jpg]

Thank you once again, love, nia

Ansel Adams

Nia, you may write what you wish. I saw some poetry the other day now it has gone.

A reply to a post/photo (even a criticism of it) is better than no reply at all. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

What's the dog on the left got in its face? Looks like a big toy! hehehe

A beautiful day!

NT73 Wrote:Nia, you may write what you wish. I saw some poetry the other day now it has gone.

A reply to a post/photo (even a criticism of it) is better than no reply at all. Smile
I was thinking that I did wrong. So I deleted them all. You are so nice, thank you. How precious your words for me.
Actually it was just an inspiration what one of your photographs made me to write... something was like that,

"Time stops as if
everything like a game
not moves any leaf
only we are running
to catch
something
in this life..."

Have a nice day,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

adam Wrote:What's the dog on the left got in its face? Looks like a big toy! hehehe

A beautiful day!
The Great Yorkshire Show. A link to the shows website will explain what it is, better than me writing it out . http://www.greatyorkshireshow.com/html/home/

We had a 20 minute downpour during the day when we retired to a marquee for a drink and eats. Then it cleared up and scorchio!.

It does look like a toy /doll on the pic but not in reality. Wink
It is a lure. Or a bundle of rags meant to look like a rabbit. Rolleyes to a terrier it looks like jessica rabbit. Tongue
Just above the dog and to the right is a thing stuck in the grass( a kind of pulley )
A line with the lure on it is passed either side of a few of these (zig zag fashion) and is pulled to the other end of the course with a motorised winch.
When the dogs are released (from traps like in greyhound racing) they chase the lure.
My problem was with the sun on the LCD. I could not see anything through it, so I was looking round the camera and hoping. :/

Lumix LX5.

[Image: 88_P1000909.jpg]

Hi Dear NT, this topic is one of my favurite ones and I love this one so much. Especially the reflection of the water and the green field and running dogs. I just wanted to visit once again, thanks and love, nia

Ansel Adams

Nice shots mate, I especially liked the close up of the bird but they where all good, nice one :-)

Cheers
David

Thanks Nia. Green fields, yes we have lots of them. Big Grin

and DeltaHotel66
The birds are on a perch and just sit there they don't move much, fortunately.

Chester Ooh! Lovely old town centre. I've a shot of a hardy gladiator, taken in Winter, somewhere.

Lumix LX5.

Hi NT73

Yes lots of history and architecture in this fair city, will have to do some shooting in and around the city centre, there's one for the future !

Cheers
David

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post