Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Guests online...

I am always interested to see how many "guests" are online - as shown at the bottom of the index page. Does this figure include everybody looking at anything on Shuttertalk - or do we really have dramatically more people reading our forum posts than writing them (spammers excluded of course)?

The number of Guest is the number of people reading only our forum. At least that is the info I got when I visited Shuttertalk with two browsers. In one I was guest and in the other one registered.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

If I'm not mistaken, it shows all accesses to the forums (filtered for unique IP addresses only) - so it will most likely include robots, scripts etc. in addition to real people.

shuttertalk Wrote:... - so it will most likely include robots, scripts etc. in addition to real people.
Thank Goodness!

Yup, nothing like a good automaton to make one feel wanted Big Grin

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I'll confess that I'm sometimes here as a guest. I check in on the forum frequently, many times a day, but most of the time I'm on my Blackberry. I can't post from it, so I don't want to mark messages as being read when I get back to the computer.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Zig Wrote:Yup, nothing like a good automaton to make one feel wanted Big Grin
Yes - I am totally intrigued that automatons find our musings interesting...as a computer guy, that gives me hope for the future. What are the alternatives? ...that they eventually kill us?

[Image: 1130475276_39KaH-M.png]

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Zig
Oct 24, 2010, 17:27