Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HDR Ballooning

Hey Gang!

I haven't had much of a play with HDR, my attempts to use it on people have failed rather dismally so I thought I'd give it a go while I was doing some work for a ballooning company the other week, samples below;

[Image: balloontrek.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0072.jpg]

[Image: MG_0105.jpg]

[Image: morning-mist-wall.jpg]

Beautiful shots, especially the last Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Very pretty, and I like pretty.

love them all , the 3rd one is my fav but its a close race to the last one . Thanks for sharring them .

.... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Quite simply amazing! Were you in a balloon yourself?

Canon stuff.

Yup Chris I certainly was, we're going to get a couple of local balloon enthusiasts and really play with it soon, I am going to try and get one of the balloons in front of the sun to do a silhouette with the landscape as well. See how it goes, I've been up five times now and had five free champagne breakfasts while doing it but they make me help unpack and pack up just like the tourists lol

whoa! :o those are awesome. i really want to do some HDR images... i've tried it, with not much success. Can i pretty pretty please have the black and white one in 1280px wide PLEEEEEASE?

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Very very nice, Jamie. #1 and #3 stand out for me - but all very professional looking. #4 looks like one of those dreadful inspirational posters you see in offices (not meaning to say that your photo is dreadful, of course, - far from it - it is great!)

echo the above SJ, all excellent shots!!

I have not seen too many B&W HDR........(fav) so I take it you did the HDR first?

cheers

These are just plain gorgeous.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Stunning Jamie, These would have to be the best HDR I've seen, they look so natural... I love them all, but #2 would be my favourite...

I've not attempted HDR, I'm still trying to get good photo's Big Grin Do you know of a good site that explains HDR? or has a tutorial?

Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Awesome stuff! #1 is my favourite.

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Wow - I missed these. They all look amazing. Were you limited by the movement of the balloon to a single exposure HDR or was it still enough to get bracketed exposures? I guess there probably not room for a tripod too... Beautiful images. Thanks for sharing.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by navis01
Oct 5, 2008, 17:37
Last Post by Petographer
Oct 2, 2004, 11:05
Last Post by StudioJ
Sep 5, 2004, 18:29