Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Haleakala Crater

Back from Maui...here's a quick one to get started.

[Image: Haleakala.jpg]

Awesome! Where'd you take that from?

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Wow

Alastair says "Visit My Blog?"

Rabid Penguin Wrote:Awesome! Where'd you take that from?
The Summit of Haleakala (a dormant volcano). With all the clouds below you, it feels like Everest...

I wish we had real mountains in South Texas.
Our hills can't get above a fart cloud.

Beautiful photo!

Wow Toad, that's a great shot. It must have been breathtaking to be there in person.....

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

It is really hard to capture the breadth of a view like that - but you have done it very well.

Canon stuff.

Thanks folks!

This is a great shot. It's really not easy to get an effective photo of a large land feature.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Yes, absolutely stonking; Don's spot on there: that's a strong composition with lots of movement and "pathways" for the eye to be drawn in by.
Toad, I will never, ever listen to you again if you dare accuse yourself of not being a landscape photographer....Wink

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Thanks very much folks...

Wonderful picture Toad. Gorgeous colors!! I love the detail of the clouds among the hills.

Is it easy to get there or you had to hike a lot?

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne