Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Halifax. UK.

An archway through two blocks and two streets. The lady in red is stood by the second street.
There are shops on either side of the archway, and the red doors lead to the indoor market.
That contains a selection of butchers, fishmongers, greengrocers and many other trades.
Clothes, haberdashery, sweets, cafe's, toys, watchmaker, you name it, we got it.
An old town and an old council running it.
On the left of the arch is a photography shop (the window you can see has telescopes in it). On the other side two shops up, is another photography shop. and I have my back to 'Mc D's hamburger joint'.Big Grin which you can see reflected in the window on the right.

[Image: Jan%20022.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I like this type of architectural shot - isn't it irritating when people park their vehicles just where you dont want them Big Grin

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

When I moved to the area about 30 years ago, folk parked anywhere for free. The parking spots have dwindled to be replaced by meters, and almost ( I still have a couple of secret spotsTongue) every spare place is metered.
Question? How do you catch a bus with a fridge under your arm.Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Actually nt, thanks for pointing out that Halifax has some stonking architecture; I remember the area as a boy as most of the old industrial north being smoke-blackened from Bradford to Sheffield; looks like they scrubbed it up a bit!
Hmm...fridge question...er..."in a chilled-out manner" I suppose...Tongue

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

This is wonderful NT... You know how much I love old buildings and this is gorgeous... I need to save my money to take pictures of that building... How beautiful, really... I love those green details of moss? It is a wonderful picture... Smile

About the cars.... Rolleyes
For few weeks I started working this kind of photography as well, and cars are the most annoying thing, I think... The good thing in Luebeck is that they have plenty of parking houses, and they don't allow to park in big streets. Also one of the main streets is now just for pedestrians... I tried last time going by bus. It was great!! you just need to take care of taking pictures ... Wink and nothing else..

Oh! and find a nice street cafe to take a little rest and a delicious cake... Wink a lovely reward in comparition with macro photography... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Zig Wrote:Actually nt, thanks for pointing out that Halifax has some stonking architecture; I remember the area as a boy as most of the old industrial north being smoke-blackened from Bradford to Sheffield; looks like they scrubbed it up a bit!
Hmm...fridge question...er..."in a chilled-out manner" I suppose...Tongue
They scrub it up every so many years, and it goes green quicker than it goes black.
Sheffield is kind of revamped, but the heavy woollen district bounded by (Bradford, Halifax, Dewsbury and Huddersfield) are still a bit behind on modernisation, and out-lasting the new stuff.

I used to call it 'Mucky Bradford' but affectionately as it was home.
I loved the dark black buildings and the old railway stations, and I hated the new buildings going up.
Wolfe and Hollander in Forster Square was an example. It has recently been knocked down.
A life span of around 45 years. And the glass monstrosities that are replacing them are worse.
The old Odeon building is to be demolished to make way for a cafe precinct, (Parisienne style).
Ninety % of Bradfordians want it saved, The council says it will cost too much to save it, but the new scheme is costing around £30million. Some one has got his sums wrong (like they did on the channel tunnel).
[Image: IMG_1410.jpg]
Originally New Victoria theatre, then Odeon cinema, Bradford, to be demolished.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/cava...adford.jpg
As it was with the trolley bus wires in the 60/70s

Lumix LX5.