Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hand holding the Sigma 200-500 f/2.8

Sometimes photography can be a fitness sport as well. This one falls into the 'errr okaaayy' category....

Quote:Using this lens means tons of fun :-) The people kept looking at us...sometime wedding photographers take photos in Rivalta, but none of them bring any lens that come close to the Sigma 200-500 f/2.8... Other than that, due to the extreme focal lenght - 1000 millimeters with the 2x extender - many times I had to take the photos from 15-30 meters, a pretty unusual experience of fashion photography!
http://www.juzaphoto.com/eng/articles/si...es_raw.htm

That sounds like a fun thing to do once - but for the $30,000 that Amazon's selling this thing for, I'm prefer a MF digital system. (I'm not even counting the savings from not needing a walkie-talkie to give my models directions.)

[Image: sigma_200-500.jpg]

Next time someone tells me that Olympus lenses aren't much smaller or cheaper than their film counterparts, I'm going to use the Sigma 200-500/2.8 as my example. Here's the Olympus lens that has the same field of view, and it's also an f/2.8:

[Image: Olympus-Zuiko-ED-90-250.JPG]

But what really strikes me about this is what a good time it is to be a photographer - the tools are awesome and there's plenty to play with.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by maisie
Oct 6, 2018, 04:55
Last Post by Casey1721
Aug 22, 2017, 02:17