Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Harbour in town of Tilting - Fogo Island

My health kindly cooperated enough to allow me to venture outside on Wednesday, and I took full advantage of the beautiful (though very cold!) day. I took lots of pictures, but came back home a couple of hours later too sore for the task of converting all of them from RAW, so maybe tomorrow I can spend some time getting things in order.

But here's one capture that I particularly like; a three shot panorama of the harbour in the historic town of Tilting, on the northeast corner of Fogo Island, about a half hour drive from our house. I love the texture of the newly formed ice in the foreground. Most of the homes you see are well over 100 years old. I am also thrilled that my new camera so perfectly captured the most amazing blues that I have ever seen! It's a shame that so much detail is lost in posting at this size, but I can just imagine how it will look framed on my wall at 36 inches!

This was shot using my Sony 18-55mm kit lens, and again, I am so impressed with the quality of it. Many people knock it, because it feel so light and "plasticy", wrongly assuming that this equals "poor build quality", but I am only interested in how the picture looks in the end. It is certainly sharp enough. (BTW, I have never heard of one of these lenses breaking, so they just may be tougher than some people think!)

-taken handheld with my Sony A500 and stitched together using Microsoft ICE

Glen
http://www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

[Image: DSC00238_stitch1024pix.jpg]

A beautiful view but far too cold for me.

I think I must have been born in an equatorial country in my last life.
The blending is very good.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Hi dear Glen, I am so glad to see you again, I was wondering you! And yes, I missed your beautiful photographs, once again I am impressed, this is wonderful. What a beautiful blue tones and also the houses... I am impatient to see the others Smile Thank you, dear Glen, and Good Luck for your new camera, it should be so enjoyable and exciting too! But in any camera you are doing great Smile

Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GrahamS
Jun 2, 2017, 03:15