Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Harewood House.

Harewood House is the home of the Queens cousin.
This was where we camped for the weekend a few hundred yards to the left of the house, in beautiful parkland.

[Image: Harewood1.jpg]
The house and terrace.

[Image: Harewood2.jpg]
Knights in armour scattered on the terrace and lawns. (Not real ones)
The two trees on the left, were my morning view for the weekend. i.e. We had the same view, as you would from the house, almost.

[Image: Harewood3.jpg]
Looking on to the terrace and down to the lake, from the top of the staircase.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

fantastic. What a scene. I like that you underexposed a little. The colors are very rich.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I am very intrigued by the statue of the dead knight. I am sure there must be quite a story behind that?

Toad Wrote:I am very intrigued by the statue of the dead knight. I am sure there must be quite a story behind that?
There were about six of them three thrown over the lawn and others propped around the terrace.
They appeared to be made of castiron/steel and the heads (inside the helmets) were sort of like a shovelful of earth (but made of steel) Not really belonging. Again similar to the Pompeii figures. (if you have been there)
Rather odd.... I think they may be just ornaments.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Don Schaeffer Wrote:fantastic. What a scene. I like that you underexposed a little. The colors are very rich.
Thanks Don. Middle of the day pics and bright sunlight so I pushed the EV down a bit.
But it is a beautiful piece of the countryside.
http://www.harewood.org/
Nice little website with a pictorial tour.

Lumix LX5.

NT73 Wrote:
Toad Wrote:I am very intrigued by the statue of the dead knight. I am sure there must be quite a story behind that?
There were about six of them three thrown over the lawn and others propped around the terrace.
They appeared to be made of castiron/steel and the heads (inside the helmets) were sort of like a shovelful of earth (but made of steel) Not really belonging. Again similar to the Pompeii figures. (if you have been there)
Rather odd.... I think they may be just ornaments.
Googled it and found out the following...

"It seems that these tiny creatures, currently adorning the terrace of Harewood House, are actually an art exhibit by the Welsh artist Laura Ford.

You may remember this picture from such entries as...Commissioned by the Scottish Sculpture Workshop, the dead knights (for dead they indeed are) will be on display at Harewood House until the 28th of October. They’re definitely worth seeing, because they’re really well done, detailed, and downright odd"

Beautiful place - were you camping in tents?

Canon stuff.

Nice, need to go there myself not far from where I live.

Alastair says "Visit My Blog?"

Wedding Shooter Wrote:Beautiful place - were you camping in tents?
I was, but others were in motorhomes or caravans. The camping was for participants and not the general public.
The Kite group I am a member of, was invited to do a display for the public over a bank holiday weekend.
The other main attraction was a Steam Traction Engine Rally, held in another field.
I was there a few years back, (doing the same thing) only the other attraction then was hot air balloons.

Lumix LX5.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jan 28, 2018, 16:55
Last Post by delb0y
Aug 19, 2016, 11:28