Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Have you ever shot couples?

Have you ever shot couples? And I don't mean wedding shots, but artistic couple/multiple people shots. I have to shoot couples for my photography class and I find quite challenging when it comes to shooting 2 or more people, it's tricky when it comes to lighting and composition, so that's where the question is comeing from. I browse the internet for a while and found some interesting example, but I would love to see some of your examples too.

I really enjoy the third one especially - for me it is exploding with character.

I have not personally done couple shooting professionally. But I am intrigued by the process. I am not that talented! LOL

Curious to hear from others! Thank you!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

I have shot couples but sort of surreptitiously. Like a stalker.
I don't think any of them would disapprove though.

They are snapshots though rather than carefully set up shots.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I'm curios to see your outcomes if anybody is interested in sharing. I'll post mine once I figure out how to shoot Big Grin

I've tried...once. And I have to say - I don't have the patience for that. Maybe it is because they were my friends so the atmosphere was too relaxed, maybe it's because of me, but I found it really hard to have them both look the way I wanted at the same time. In one shot he was fixing his tie, in another she was grinning at the dog.. At the end, they were happy with their photos and said they had a great time, but still, I don't think I would do it again.
Lightbulb 

I tried shooting a band yesterday, with 5 people, and I understand what you are saying, it was really difficult to make them all look at me at the same time. Probably that's why I shot around 300 images and I only have 2 good ones Smile

WOW those band photos are REALLLLLYYYYY COOL!!!!

I have shot couples, but never anything interesting like that. It's been pretty straighforward, not artsy. You kinda make me want to explore and branch out. Thank you for inspiring me today Smile

These are some friends and they actually need some pictures for posters and such, so we did these in a hurry. Will redo a shoot with them soon! And you're more than welcome, I love it when I can inspire someone even the slightest bit!

Especially the first one looks very cool and professional, like fit for an album cover. I always dream about taking these kind of shots but eventually I always take quite boring ones instead.

Thank you so much! As I said, these images were taken in a hurry so it was mostly spontaneous, but also quite challenging when it comes to capturing so many people Smile

I really enjoy your band shots (the others too) because I am getting ready to shoot a band. They have a vision and I have a very different vision. I guess we'll do it their way and hope they are open to trying my way. Good work!

Thank you so much! I hope your shoot goes well, if they are open to suggestions it shouldnțt be hard to make something amazing. Best of luck to you!

I have only been taking photography seriously for a few months.
I still don't understand about ISO or Fstops yet but managed to capture two couples unawares.[img][Image: couple5616_zps092d08bd.jpg][/img]

Canon EOS 650D with 18-55 kit lens/ 75-300 zoom/ 100-400 zoom
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125137869@N08/

Here is another taken at a garden show
[Image: fountain3125_zpsfe81df03.jpg]

Some good stuff here. Especially like the band. Young women seem to be able to pose naturally, don’t they. I like the way that the vocalist stands out from the others. More so in the colour image than the mono, but even there she is still dominant. I also like the couple on the bench, very natural, but I think that the couple by the lake needs something else, perhaps a duck or something. I want to know what they are looking at.
had a look through my archive thinking I hadn’t any images of couples, or groups of people, but found these. Both grab shots.        

Attached Files Image(s)

Honestly this couple thread is way out of bound. but I LIKE IT A LOT Smile Not just bringing out the those pictures in those hard drives but bringing out the best from others Smile Great thread

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

Couples of Today
[Image: Img_8479_zps7619b064.jpg]

(Oct 17, 2013, 23:27)johnytrout Wrote:  Couples of Today
Nice shot, Johny. Very much “today”. Good composition, well exposed on subjects. Love the reflection in the glasses. Pity about the silver thingy in the girls hand; clone it out? Perhaps reduce the saturation in the grass a little and might, just might, crop a little off the top.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post