Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Have you turned your photos into crafts?

Just wondering if you've turned your photos into crafty things, knick knacks or gifts or any kind? I know I've turned some of my shots of the kids into birthday cards and greeting cards - Christmas especially. I've heard of people turning negatives into funky bookmarks; my wife also loves to make mugs with photos on them (from vistaprint) and give them as gifts.

Share your cool ideas!

Rip off old pic - glue new one - trim Add sticky clingfilm -trim -voila!

The clingfilm layer is to stop spilt liquids making the print run.
It can be bought on a roll at some large supermarkets or craft shops.

My wife makes A4 size calendars for special friends at Xmas. I have done a few bookmarks. Get about 10 on A4, then laminate both sides an punch round hole at top centre. Add a piece of fancy ribbon or cord.

Attached Files Image(s)

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

(Feb 27, 2012, 07:23)shuttertalk Wrote:  Just wondering if you've turned your photos into crafty things, knick knacks or gifts or any kind? I know I've turned some of my shots of the kids into birthday cards and greeting cards - Christmas especially. I've heard of people turning negatives into funky bookmarks; my wife also loves to make mugs with photos on them (from vistaprint) and give them as gifts.

Share your cool ideas!

Same really, cards -- inspired by a Seinfeld episode actually! where Elaine gets Kramer to take her photograph and print it on her Christmas card -- but after they send the cards out to about a hundred people they discover her nipple is visible in the photo! And some t-shirts, but that was for a hen party.

Definitely I have. I have printed on mirrors and glass panes, and wood panels, on plastic etc etc.

The medium is the message, yes?

(Feb 27, 2012, 07:41)NT73 Wrote:  Rip off old pic - glue new one - trim Add sticky clingfilm -trim -voila!

Wow, that's really clever Ray... good job!

Yes NT, absolutely cracking ideas...the tablemat is great.

I've had a couple of mugs done and a few friends were forced to have A3 landscape calendars this year....mind you, I frequently print my own A5 cards for folks' birthdays and the like.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

We printed all our kite friends xmas cards last year, mainly an A4 double sided inkjet folded in half. Print the inside with greetings and signature.
Quicker than writing them all.
The tablemats were some cheapo's looking a bit dated. I have some nice large melamine ones for special occasions.
Bookmarks are a good one. Advertise the band. Photo on the front and contact on the back. You can buy a cheap laminator from Staples.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I haven't before but will start now. Some great ideas here, keep them coming, I'm taking notes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post