Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hawk at Cross Creek Florida

I was at Marjorie K. Rawlings home this afternoon in Cross Creek, right off of Lake Lochloosa (and Orange Lake area). Caught this beautiful hawk. Got a front and back shot of him high in the tree. Awesome! My Nikon Coolpix P600 (not a really fancy camera and I have a problem with zooming in with this camera, so the pic really turned out good anyway.)

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice capture.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm pretty new at this, and I've already realized that the camera I have is not going to take me where I want to go with photography. My Nikon doesn't have the capability that I need for what I want to capture. I'm surprised the take was so good, because the hawk was very high in the tree, and I used the zoom. Now, I am looking for another camera (if I can afford it).

(Jan 28, 2015, 16:23)EnglishBob Wrote:  Nice capture.

Hello czkid!

Hmm... still seems over exposed... does your camera have exposure compensation? This allows you to reduce or increase the exposure at a given setting if you find that the camera sets itself to over or seemingly underexposing... I have done a little tweaking of the Hawk... to get the exposure a little better - reduced by 0.52 ev and it lent itself to a little sharpening and NR too. You have a similar deep blue sky when shooting up as I do... I usually reduce my EV by 2/3 a stop in camera and get somewhere close.

See what you think...

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by cuilin
Jul 16, 2015, 21:48
Last Post by Rolf
May 2, 2015, 10:02