Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hazards of Sports Photography

Ironically named Mail on Sunday photographer, Mark Pain, was hit when Tiger Woods accidentally chipped a ball in his direction. Ever the professional, Pain stood his ground and took a one-in-a-million shot.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/ar...apher.html

[Image: article-1317267-0B716BF0000005DC-634_964x603.jpg]

Pain was using a Nikon D3S camera, with a 24-70 mm lens and a shutter speed of 1/1000 of a second.

Check out the guy about three from the right with the cigar? in his mouth. Classic expression.

Canon stuff.

And the cameraman is checking the other camera. Rolleyes Like the one with the 70 -300 or so on it.
Of course the press don't have to pay for the cameras.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

shuttertalk Wrote:Ever the professional, Pain stood his ground and took a one-in-a-million shot.
I'm thinking that when a pro golfer fires a round right at you from close range, getting out of the way isn't much of an option.

The expressions make the photo - the left-hand side in particular.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

That is a classic shot.

And coincidently to Chris' comment about the guy with the cigar... I happened across a link to this image just yesterday...
[Image: CbfFb.jpg]

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

hah!!

ROFL.... Love it!

Pure gold, Adrian! Big Grin

Too classic.

Canon stuff.

Hey there's a $1000 reward for the identity of the cigar guy ... funny video from CNN up ahead:
http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/off...=allsearch

Only in the USA.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
May 21, 2017, 10:52