Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Heading Downtown

The front of the #45 bus on the Henderson Highway overpass.[Image: headingdowntownSM.jpg]

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Nice foreground - works well here.

Thanks, Toad.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I like it very much! How did you get the exposure right in a light like this, AND the sharpness too, w/o flash???

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

nice contrasting .. did you shoot with a high ISO ? .. or was that noise manufactured ?

Thanks guys. I boosted the brightness and contrast in the buildings part of the window and repasted that area.

--Don

Y'know Don, eventually I'm gonna figure out where you live and work just from your photos! Wink

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Looks good Don, your bus shots are very interesting.

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Do I detect a book in the works? "Life and Times of a Bus Photographer"? "Route 212"?

You might be onto something Don. Random pics of a daily route as seen through the eyes of a rider... capturing the essence, emotion and day-today activities that we take for granted but never take a second look at.

Just my .02

Jerry

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Model releases might be a problem.

Thanks guys. I am flattered. I'm not writing any books. It's too hard to get them published and I no longer have any ambition! I do have a video CD (for DVD players) of "Bus Photos" that I will be glad to send anyone for $5.00 Canadian to cover postage and handling.

I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

--Don

Toad Wrote:Model releases might be a problem.
As far as I've read, model releases are only required if the subject is recognizable... not an issue in most of Don's work.

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Thanks for the offer Don. I just think it is an interesting perspective. Its a specialized kind of project that I am going to give more thought to.

Rob/Colin.. something similar here would be a granville/east hastings bus as seen through the eyes of a regular commuter. Has that "Life Magazine" feel to it.

Not that I am into doing a book, its just that part of what I am trying to do in my own way is to always feel like I am capturing some sort of emotion with a photo.

City life lends itself so easily to this.

blah blah blah... enough of this banter though, its time to get outside and enjoy whats left of the day. Smile

Jerry

Personally I find East Hastings a bit scary.

I did some photos at night down there of a heavy metal band for a CD. I wasn't very comfortable walking around with my gear.

HA!... I can totally relate. Its a bad place in the daytime... can't imagine what night would be like.

But it would make for some interesting shots, thats for certain.

PS.. anyone seen mitch lately? haven't seen him post much?

Hey I really like this one Don, all you're missing is some silhouetted heads sitting in the seats Smile

Thanks very much guys. Thank you Studio. I got in trouble for taking photos on the bus, so I studiously avoid including fellow passengers in my bus shots now (except when I'm really tempted).

--Don

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jul 29, 2010, 14:31