Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Helvetica: real easy

`

[Image: 361534941_5c6Nw-XL.jpg]

[Image: 361534292_xA7PL-XL.jpg]

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Interesting! Is the matthew piers robertson thing part of the image, or a sig/watermark?

Is it some sort of billboard? Big Grin

(Just trying to get some perspective before offering any critique)

JT: It's his new watermark.

I would have done some cloning on the various blobs and spots.
My mental disorder makes me focus on them to the exclusion of seeing the "big picture" without much effort.
Of course I realize that accuracy and honesty often don't play well with my OCD so I understand why they were left as-is, and I can't argue against that decision.

Very "graphic", and must have been hard to crop (would have been hard for me, anyway).
Definitely Matthew's style, and I give a thumbs up.

Keith, thanks, and thanks also for not calling me on the bad job of colour-management. (For what it's worth, the bottom is the more realistic colour.) I'm not sure that those little blobs and nail-holes aren't the big picture. And it's not so much that these are cropped as I ran out of photo: they're both multi-image composites in the 15-18 megapixel range.

Jules, it's a watermark, but it's subject to critique as well. Big Grin (Actually, one of the nice things about using Smugmug is that the watermarking is added to the photos after they are uploaded, meaning that I can (and do) change the watermarks from time to time and have it retroactively applied to every photo in my library.) This is actually a construction hoarding, and the letters are Helvetica with something like a three-foot x-height; this translates to roughly three-thousand-point type.

Here's a human-scale reference of another part of the hoarding:

[Image: 362007615_EfFaf-L.jpg]

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com