Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Highway Ramps At Night

More of a topic I tend to shoot alot of.

Yesterday was the 3-year anniversary of getting my camera, so I went out last night for a bit of photography--just to please myself.
The traffic was a nightmare due to an accident so it took an hour to travel the last mile, but it was worth the wait.

These exit ramps are still under construction and will be part of the new interchange between two major highways in San Antonio--Loop 410 and 281.

[Image: kak.410a.jpg]

[Image: kak.410b.jpg]

Both excellent additions to this series. I think you could do a thematic group of just this views. The swoop and flair of #2 is outstanding.

Is this an HDR? I love the painterly quality here.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Happy anniversary! The lines in #2 are particularly satisfying.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Thanks.

Not HDR, Zig. Just long exposures.
NeatImage noise reduction did a little smoothing on the sky but had almost zero effect on the roadways.

Number 2 is outstanding Keith - I have liked the whole series.

Canon stuff.

I like them both, but # 1 is my favorite. The quality of the light is very nice.

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

aine-caitlin Wrote:...# 1 is my favorite.
I'm glad someone besides me prefers #1.
I feel like the added streetlight in the frame and the wet weather combined to give a certain 'look' that's very pleasing to me.
Sometimes lens-flare and the aperture-based star effect aren't signs of bad photography?
(If your camera has an aperture with 8 leaves it will produce 8-pointed stars at night, especially when you stop-down and increase the shutter time, in case you're wondering).

I learned from a previous highway night shoot that cloudy-and-misty-but-not-quite-raining nights add something that can't be gotten with Photochop or any other tool.
In fact I doubt if I will ever shoot similar subjects on clear nights ever again.

It's a departure for me to shoot unfinished roadways since I think the ones recently built here look incredible in their clean and freshly-painted perfection, but when I first looked at the LCD playback I felt that the light and weather and subject worked rather well together.

impressive colors...!
what gets me is the color contrast between the cool blue sky and street in the front (in 1) and the tungston yellow in the rear street and the streetlight.
Uli

Very beautiful pictures as always Keith...
I like everything about them. I coudn't pick a favorite here... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GrahamS
Feb 10, 2017, 17:01
Last Post by Rolf
Nov 12, 2015, 12:31