Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hockey RAW

Ok so here are some shots from Saturdays game . These were shot in RAW . I think i over did the " vibrance " on these which i really dont like . But other than that what do yall think . I have a game tomorrow night and Sat night . I think i might try to shoot more in RAW as i am having WB problems .
1 [Image: _MG_9185%20copy.jpg]

2 [Image: _MG_9277%20copy.jpg]

3 [Image: _MG_9289%20copy.jpg]

Thanks in advance ....... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

I am really loving that third shot Shawn. The WB is improved on the other shots you posted, although their faces look a little pale in comparison to the blue uniforms Smile Very vibrant as you say.

Canon stuff.

Thanks WS ,

I am not sure how to " fix " the skin colors . Could it be because of the vibrance ? Or is it just another thing to worry me LOL .

..... Shawn

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

The action in #3 is really strong, and #2 is an interesting moment. There are times when it would be nice to read lips... Big Grin

The vibrance is a bit high, as is the exposure. If you dial them both back a bit it might help the skin tones.

"Vibrance" in LR and ACR is a non-linear control that's supposed to affect the more subtle colours more than the saturated ones. It's also biased to not affect skin tones as much. But using it too strongly pushes everything to its highest saturation and skews the range.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Great progress with the colors Shawn... I like them a lot. Smile
About the skin tones... I think about saturate a bit the red and desaturate de green?
I think you were very close to get the right color in #3...

All the best in your next shootings... Smile
Look forward to seeing your pictures.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hey Drake - nice shots. #3 is very well captured with the position of the puck and the overall action. I like what is happening in #2 a lot - but it would be nice if something could be done to tone down the reflectivity of #61's visor.

Thanks Yall .

I will go back and see what i can do with the skin tones . I am glad that the 3rd shot is a favorite of everyone because it is one of mine also LOL . Now i know its not a biass oppinion :/

.... Shawn

Good shots!

I think one problem with this setting is the brightness of the ice's surface, so in order to get any detail in the players, you have to burn out the ice and basically end up with a plain white background. Can you get some detail in the ice?

Looking at # 3 I think you can slightly increase the color temperature, and lower the level of blue a bit to get better colors overall.
Once you are satisfied with the global appearance, you can select the face to fine tune it if necessary,
like Irma I think tuning green and red will help. But you are close already!

I also use the HUE and SATURATION function to de- / saturate individual colors. dragging the saturation slider for any color up to the max is an easy way to see, which areas the changes will affect (sometimes I am surprised what photoshop considers a green or a blue....)

Good job and good luck for the next time!

Uli

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Dec 14, 2007, 19:07