Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hollywood Elephants

Probably a million photos of them - here's one more (somewhat Toadified)...

[Image: Hollywood%20Elephants.jpg]

Awesome colour with this twilight shot. Very nice.Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Great shot. They are new to me. You've done well to expose the tones on the elephants. Was this handheld or with a tripod?

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

smarti77 Wrote:Great shot. They are new to me. You've done well to expose the tones on the elephants. Was this handheld or with a tripod?
Resting the camera on a parapet. It also uses some HDR.

That's a beauty!

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Beautiful composition and use of light Toad - just be tempted to clone out that bit of blue on the right hand side. I really like the shot.

Canon stuff.

wow very nicely done Toad...........you have the HDR going.... thumbs up!

Wedding Shooter Wrote:Beautiful composition and use of light Toad - just be tempted to clone out that bit of blue on the right hand side. I really like the shot.
Good catch on the unwanted processing artifact! Here is the retouch...

[Image: 70_Hollywood%20Elephants.jpg]

Russt Wrote:wow very nicely done Toad...........you have the HDR going....
Thanks Russt - the more HDR I see online, the more people I see going way over-the-top with it. I think it is more effective when it is subtle - you see a photo and "HDR" isn't the very first thing you think. This one is on the boundary between subtle and "dead obvious" in that regard.

One of the things I have been trying to do lately in my processing is to under-whealm the viewer with the use of particular processing effects. My criteria for success is when you can see that processing has been done if you look, but it isn't really clear *what* has been done. Typically, I do this by applying multiple effects and fading each one back to 50% or less.

Of course - I still go over-the-top in my stuff as well when the mood strikes. Variety is the spice of life.

Great stuff Rob. Love the pp, to me its not to obvious at all. All i see is great shot, with nice lightning.

Great work.

thanx for sharing.

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

I really like this one to Toad ,

I like how you have " toned down " the HDR .Wink NIce job !!

........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

I didn't even spot it as a HDR. Great photo!

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by shuttertalk
Aug 30, 2005, 17:23