Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hoover Dam By Night

I shot these this spring while on a trip to Las Vegas. This shot was taken from the Nevada side looking across the Colorado River into Arizona.

[Image: 137834412-L.jpg]

This is taken from the Arizona side looking back into Nevada. It is showing the water intake columns and the very end of Lake Meade.

[Image: 137834500-L.jpg]

An amzing structure - looks almost like a model in the secod shot.

Canon stuff.

Excellent night shots. I love the effect on the water.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Somewhere I will probably never get to. I will just have to enjoy the photos instead. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

interesting perspective in #1. and beautiful nightshots both of them.

uli

Thanks to everyone who commented on these, I had wanted to do a night shoot there from the first time I visited the dam, but day time is too busy with all the tourists and traffic, and these were shot on a weekend night when there was no one there to worry about bumping into the tripod or stepping in front of the camera.

I am hoping to get into downtown Portland one of these nights to shoot parts of the city while it is sleeping.

Beautiful night pictures.
I like both but I think my fav is #1... I like very much the contrast in colors and the composition, unusual, but works nice for me... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I'm a huge fan of night shots. Keep up the great work.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GrahamS
Feb 10, 2017, 17:01
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Oct 27, 2014, 08:46