Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hounding the judges

Another from the Great Yorkshire Show.
An annual livestock show with far too much to see in a day. 4 or 5 arenas plus all the usual stalls
As an example the hound show went on all day long. Sheep..best of class/shearing/racing/dancing, Birds of prey,poultry,pigs,drystone walling,bees,flowers,pole climbing,motorcycle display team, RAF band,goats, Horse shoeing/show jumping/scurry racing. Whooo. Oh and Gladiolii (viva Dame Edna) Big Grin
First piccy here as I went in.
[Image: 4ytxsoh.jpg]

John Frieda, eat your heart out.
[Image: 4r7v9kj.jpg]

This I like because the huntsmans feet are off the floor.I think all the hounds were young ones as they kept going from the arena and wandering around.
[Image: IMG_5801.jpg]

This is a Golden Eagle about 1metre above the grass. (I sharpened this once and it looks a bit stick on, but it isn't.)
[Image: 82_IMG_5828.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Just love the homburgs and red coats, would make my husband cry with homesickness Big Grin did that animal have a perm? Tongue

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Don't know about the hairstyle on the sheep.
As for the Hombergs/Bowler hats there was about 50 young and older guys behind me waiting their turn in the ring.
Most of the officials wear suits, shirt and tie, and bowler hats, and in the Farming rings they wear flat caps.
Eeh bah gum.
There were Sheep shearers from around the world, including Australia, and they shear in 3 days, around 1600 sheep, just in the competitions. They are on a sort of verandah, at 4 stations, so the audience can watch, and large clocks display their times.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.