Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to Train Your Photographer’s Eye

Do you have a trained eye? Don't miss the tips here

http://www.photographytalk.com/photograp...aphers-eye

This is a good place to start - thanks for sharing. I would also bring to folk's attention the 11-part series by Dale Wilson, which starts here - http://digital-photography-school.com/fo...z2J0a3kRYF.

WesternGuy

We would love to hear further discussion here in the forums on the topics being linked. This makes it more personal for the members here. It is okay to post photo related links - but let's also take some time to discuss your personal thoughts about these please. Thank you!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Oct 11, 2014, 17:30)Barbara G. Wrote:  We would love to hear further discussion here in the forums on the topics being linked. This makes it more personal for the members here. It is okay to post photo related links - but let's also take some time to discuss your personal thoughts about these please. Thank you!

I would agree, so I will start with some of my experience. A couple of years ago I had the pleasure of taking a bird photography workshop from Art Morris and Denise Ippolito. One take away that I got from them on this tour, well maybe more than one, was first - slow down and take your time to look over the scene, particularly if you are taking shots of a standing bird or chicks in a next. The second point was that once you had an image or a subject that you liked, then work it from all angles and last, but not least, watch the background. I am sure I learned more things, but they have faded from memory. I do know that I am a lot more conscious of my backgrounds today than I have been in the past and I definitely spend more time working the angles than I probably have done in the past. This conscious effort to watch the backgrounds and work the angles definitely has me slowing down in the whole process.

WesternGuy

WesternGuy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post