Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to create a photography blog?

Hello All

I am thinking of working on creating a very simple, informative and easy to follow photography blog.

Currently hunting for ideas like - should it be a video based blog? should it be just some small tutorials explaining various concepts? where should I start? how do I get to write informative articles related to photography?

Cheers
Samy

Hello,

There is alot of info we can add to this idea. Here are a few to get us started. In my experience of creating blogs, Wordpress is good for helping the individual to find followers as well as getting more traffic to your sites. I have used a variety of blogs and Wordpress seems to bring in the traffic much quicker and more consistently.

Also, adding videos and pictures to your blog in one way to increase traffic to your sites. I have seen this in many situtaions - so in my opinion this is always a good idea. And - you are creating a photography site - so you will definitely need photographs to add! :0)

One of the most important things is to create content that will drive your blog. The saying "Content is King" rings true in my opinion (I know some may argue with me here, but it has been true in projects I have worked on).

I am looking forward to hearing some other ideas and comments on this post. Thanks for adding it!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(May 16, 2013, 12:42)samyshah Wrote:  Hello All

I am thinking of working on creating a very simple, informative and easy to follow photography blog.

Currently hunting for ideas like - should it be a video based blog? should it be just some small tutorials explaining various concepts? where should I start? how do I get to write informative articles related to photography?

Cheers
Samy

Well, good thing to start with is the detailed planning of content and design. Once you have that, all you need is consistency in creating content and a bit of smart advertising all over the internet. I'd start with simple and clean photography basics, maybe some personal experiences from time to time just to kill the monotony and again - consistency. I don't prefer video blogs, but yet, they are highly popular so I should say - go with it Smile

You could start on the Wordpress platform and choose a nice theme for starters. As for the content, you should really write whatever you feel appeals to you, don't write stuff you hate because you feel they might be more popular - a couple months down the line you'll start hating it and give up completely.

Just be consistent, persevering, and write (or video blog) about what you love. Make it as personal as you can. Just like any other worthy thing, it'll take time and plenty of work and passion, so you will need to be patient.

I currently run a blog with a friend. I uploads post daily, and have been doing so for the last year and a bit.

I use the blogger platform, as I find this a lot easier to use than Wordpress.

I don't offer tutorials, but explain how I took the image. If you are looking a tutorials, you're more limited towards YouTube, and perhaps posting the link to this on a blog with a short explanation.

If you would prefer purely tutorials, it would be best to stick to a YouTube channel.

You can see my blog here

Any other questions, feel free to contact me Smile

An olympus E-500, and a lot of crazy ideas.
http://www.dailywanders.blogspot.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post