Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to shoot Holi (The Festival of colors)?

Hello All

I am looking for tips and suggestions in order to protect my camera gear to do Holi photography this weekend. There is a festival of colors coming up where they use colored powder to pain everyone and I want to know which lens should I use and how to protect my camera body.

To give you an idea of Holi - check this image - http://justthetravel.com/the-colorful-fe...l-india-3/

Cheers
Samy

Very interesting! Will you be in the midst of the crowd, or off to the side so to speak creating shots?

I do know that you will want to back up your images each day, if possible. This will help to protect the images you have taken in case something happens to your equipment.

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Apr 1, 2013, 10:50)samyshah Wrote:  Hello All

I am looking for tips and suggestions in order to protect my camera gear to do Holi photography this weekend. There is a festival of colors coming up where they use colored powder to pain everyone and I want to know which lens should I use and how to protect my camera body.

To give you an idea of Holi - check this image - http://justthetravel.com/the-colorful-fe...l-india-3/

Cheers
Samy

Wow..this looks like an event that shouldn't be missed. I'm sure you'll have so much fun there.

I haven't been shooting in this kind of environment, and I'm using a compact, so can't really give you any advices about some of your questions, but when I'm shooting in dust and mud (I guess it's almost the same, only in your case it will be lovely colored Smile ) I place my camera in a plastic sealing bag and make a small hole for a lens. Also, I cover a lens with a piece of screen protector. It can reduce the photo quality a bit but I see that as a fair price for not dealing with dirty lens after almost every shot.

Yes this is a great event to be a part of. Especially the colors, music and water canons Smile
I would be on the side trying to catch people in action since shooting while being in the middle would be a great challenge for me, and I am sure I would have to come back and order new gear !

I am planning on taking my telephoto lens only and shoot from a distance and just as a precaution have a plastic wrap around my gear.

Good luck and we look forward to seeing some of your photos from this event if you don't mind sharing with us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Jun 29, 2019, 09:16