Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hunting with Lucky

[Image: Hunting_With_Lucky.sized.jpg]

BTW the zoom effect on the picture is no processing, it was just there. I wish I knew what I was doing when I took the picture. Rolleyes

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Wow!

Cant say that I quite understand what has happened, but it happened well! Smile

Cave canem

Looks like you were racking your zoom when the shutter was in motion - zooming wither in or out - can't tell.

Looks really good.

Nice, you got the effect by continuing to zoom as you shot the picture.. probably a slower shutter speed.

The picture gives me the impression I am rushing along with the cat!, Cool

Nice zoom effect, guerito! The cat strikes again! Smile

The trick with zooming is to get the right stuff in focus... looks like you've done well!

Makes me dizzy. Wonderful dynamic photo.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Very cool effect. Really feels like I'm moving into the image.

I am still chasing after this cat. I've been staring at it for about 5 minutes and still haven't caught it.

$0.02
This effect probably doesn't work often?? I mean, racking the zoom while focussing on a target. You'd want to be pretty sure the subject isn't moving through the exposure I would suppose so that you are artificially creating the movement?
/$0.02

this has definitely worked!

Camera: Nikon D70
Level: Eager Amateur
Area of speciality: Sceneries
Area of Learning: Portraiture

Well the effect wasn't intentional. The problem is that Lucky is difficult to capture. She might sit perfectly still for 10 seconds, and then, when you got everything set up, she usually changes her mind and moves very quickly.

She's a bit like a dog, she likes to go to the garden with us, and then she's rather playful. Hide and seek is her favorite game. Smile

So what I did was to just follow her with the camera, frantically trying to keep her in the viewfinder and also to zoom in or out because she would suddenly run up to me, then run away again. Got a lot of shots of her tail and hind legs, too. Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Is that Lucky? Boy he did well to survive Alf, I was sure he was going to get eaten.

Wow, This photo really works. I like how parts of the cat are in focus, it plays with the motion of the image and really gives me the impression that you guys are really hunting! Before you know it you'll be taking pictures of jaguars stalking their prey deep in the woods!

-matt-

"It's not what you look at, it's what you see..."
http://www.matthewsaville.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
May 26, 2016, 20:20
Last Post by EdMak
Mar 27, 2015, 09:05
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Aug 4, 2014, 03:23