Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hyper TimeLapse

Does any one do Hyper Timelapse? It seems doing this kind of type is really limited and still not much any tutorials out there on the web. Would like to know more of this kind in photography.

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

I remember seeing an awesome Hyperlapse video made with Google Street View images a while ago. It also has some tutorials:

http://labs.teehanlax.com/project/hyperlapse

(Jul 7, 2013, 09:25)kNox Wrote:  I remember seeing an awesome Hyperlapse video made with Google Street View images a while ago. It also has some tutorials:

http://labs.teehanlax.com/project/hyperlapse

Ohh.. This is a great find knox... Smile I wonder what are there gears producing this one.

PhotoPlay Photography
~Eleanor Powell

Yeah, too bad it's limited to Street View. I'd love to see one done by somebody with a camera.

I was thinking to create a rig or maybe something to hold a camera to rotate 360 horizontally. Maybe a lazy susan can do the 360 degree rotation horizontally but the issue is how am I going to attach this on my car carrier and have it rotate and controlled inside the car or probably see a live view with to know the grid or alignment of my image.

Looks like another McGuyver guy will come out for this project. Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
~Eleanor Powell

(Jul 8, 2013, 18:35)PhotoPlay Wrote:  I was thinking to create a rig or maybe something to hold a camera to rotate 360 horizontally. Maybe a lazy susan can do the 360 degree rotation horizontally but the issue is how am I going to attach this on my car carrier and have it rotate and controlled inside the car or probably see a live view with to know the grid or alignment of my image.

Looks like another McGuyver guy will come out for this project. Smile

Do you want to start your own Street View and compete with Google's? Big Grin

Big Grin How I wish I could Angel I mean this could be good to invest right now since it is new awesome to present to new client for their AVP. Especially for tourism Idea

PhotoPlay Photography
~Eleanor Powell

There are cheaper solutions. The 360 photos that Vlad was talking about in a different thread might capture the mood better in some cases.

Getting image in 360 degree view with hypertimelapse is really hard especially when moving.
Check this
Link

I really like how he/she do it with the focal length adjustment just to make the perspective move more than the usual.

PhotoPlay Photography
~Eleanor Powell

Saw someone doing the 360 timelapse while mowing the lawn. Imagine how many images he did to capture it all.

Link

PhotoPlay Photography
~Eleanor Powell

(Jul 12, 2013, 09:02)PhotoPlay Wrote:  Saw someone doing the 360 timelapse while mowing the lawn. Imagine how many images he did to capture it all.

Link

This is so mesmerizing, I can't stop watching it. Great find! Smile

Hey folks! I took the lawn mowing timelapse. I used 6,084 photos, though I took more that I didn't use. It was a fun project!

(Jul 21, 2013, 20:34)aaronpriest Wrote:  Hey folks! I took the lawn mowing timelapse. I used 6,084 photos, though I took more that I didn't use. It was a fun project!

It turned out amazing, congrats! Do you have other similar projects? This was incredibly awesome.

(Jul 21, 2013, 20:34)aaronpriest Wrote:  Hey folks! I took the lawn mowing timelapse. I used 6,084 photos, though I took more that I didn't use. It was a fun project!

Hello aaronpriest and welcome to shuttertalk. Woahh.... 6,084 photos. thats really lot of images for the 360 photos. It was great to see it in a different kind of perspective. Would definitely look forward to see more of your cool stuff. I bet more shuttertalk members would love to see more of those amazing stuff Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
~Eleanor Powell

This was an earlier attempt at night for a 360° view of star trails:
http://www.aaronpriestphoto.com/2013/05/...ar-trails/

I didn't yet have external power for the camera though at that point, or a dew heater that I just got working, so previous attempts all failed in one fashion or other and this is the best I've done at night yet. I'm building some new storage arrays this month (out of storage space everywhere! hahaha!), and maybe towards the end of summer I can afford a Nikon 10.5mm f/2.8 fisheye lens and shave off the lens hood for my full frame camera. This would allow me to shoot a complete 360° with 3 or 4 shots instead of 12 or 13 with my 14mm rectilinear lens and star trails would have less gaps in them.

If I can get bulb ramping with panoramas figured out, my long term goal is a 24 hour spherical timelapse video. That is still a long road with many obstacles and challenges though. :-D

(Jul 22, 2013, 06:22)aaronpriest Wrote:  This was an earlier attempt at night for a 360° view of star trails:
http://www.aaronpriestphoto.com/2013/05/...ar-trails/

I didn't yet have external power for the camera though at that point, or a dew heater that I just got working, so previous attempts all failed in one fashion or other and this is the best I've done at night yet. I'm building some new storage arrays this month (out of storage space everywhere! hahaha!), and maybe towards the end of summer I can afford a Nikon 10.5mm f/2.8 fisheye lens and shave off the lens hood for my full frame camera. This would allow me to shoot a complete 360° with 3 or 4 shots instead of 12 or 13 with my 14mm rectilinear lens and star trails would have less gaps in them.

If I can get bulb ramping with panoramas figured out, my long term goal is a 24 hour spherical timelapse video. That is still a long road with many obstacles and challenges though. :-D

This is really outstanding, for me it's a great result by itself, but since you're aiming higher you're definitely on the right track.

Photos like this really make me want to live outside of the city, damn our starless nights!

aaronpriest - First of all, welcome to the photography forum! It is nice to meet you and have you here on site with us! And, WOW I love your project! It is incredible what can be done! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

I'm speechless here aaronpriest. Sure you do have a creative way doing a 360 images with a side in it. I won't get shocked if someday you'll create something that is head turner for everybody in the 360 imagenary.

Keep it coming and don't stop doing what you're doing right now Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
~Eleanor Powell