Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I do like to be beside the seaside!

The scary fact is, my wife and kids only recognise me when I hold the camera to my face!
But I do love taking photos.

If you like it, shoot it!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/simon_rose/

I like the use of colors in the photo with the chains. Really nice, congrats Smile

Love the second one very, very much. Just as kNox said, colors are beautiful, just as texture of the chain.

Good shots, Simon, but I disagree with the other two comments above. The realistic colours of the 3rd photo are preferable, the 2nd looking too unnatural for me - too much colour saturation and a magenta cast - but I do realise that might have been your aim. The compositions are very good, although it would have been even better to see the fisherman's reflection in the pool of water. Just different opinions, of course.

Philip

Back to the seaside in Buckie, Moray, Scotland. A lovely little fishing community.

Nice shots, looking forward to seeing more.

The Old Harbour at Portsoy in Moray.

Techie Stuff.

Nikon D300, F/9, 125sec, ISO200, bias/+0.3, 18mm, mode-pattern, Manual, White bal - Auto.

These photos keep getting better and better. Love them! Smile

I was near the seaside over here a couple of weeks ago and I almost froze to death - how's the weather there?

(Mar 5, 2014, 02:45)kNox Wrote:  These photos keep getting better and better. Love them! Smile

I was near the seaside over here a couple of weeks ago and I almost froze to death - how's the weather there?

So here are a few different views of Portsoys old inner harbour.

Techie stuff, is about the same as before.

The Pub off to the left do really good 'Bar snacks' and even full meals, and stock a good range of real ales, or they did when we were there. Smile

In this one, see the spots of rain falling into the harbours water.

(Mar 5, 2014, 06:19)Phil J Wrote:  ...
The Pub off to the left do really good 'Bar snacks' and even full meals, and stock a good range of real ales, or they did when we were there. Smile

Looking at the last photo, I'd say those ales were really really good Big Grin

(sorry, sometimes I just can't resist commenting hanging photos)

(Mar 5, 2014, 13:54)Korry Wrote:  
(Mar 5, 2014, 06:19)Phil J Wrote:  ...

Looking at the last photo, I'd say those ales were really really good Big Grin

(sorry, sometimes I just can't resist commenting hanging photos)

Nah, it's just my usual 'twist to the left'!! Smile Thank heavens for 'auto focus'!!

Btw, I like the whole collection (including the hanging one) and those from the second post especially very much Smile

One especially for Korry.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi there, Phil.

Well done for levelling the last one before all the water flowed out of the harbour. Smile

Nice shots here, Phil, but one puzzling aspect. The grey clouds in your Buckie photos are mostly shades of grey. So any idea why (what appear to be) dull skies in the Portsoy shots have a sort of lavender/blue cast (it's there in the RGB values), when all the colours in the harbour and buildings look correct?

Philip

(Mar 5, 2014, 18:08)MrB Wrote:  Hi there, Phil.

Well done for levelling the last one before all the water flowed out of the harbour. Smile

Nice shots here, Phil, but one puzzling aspect. The grey clouds in your Buckie photos are mostly shades of grey. So any idea why (what appear to be) dull skies in the Portsoy shots have a sort of lavender/blue cast (it's there in the RGB values), when all the colours in the harbour and buildings look correct?

Philip

Hi Philip,

Nothing springs to mind. Something the locals have been smoking maybe? Fish, might be Salmond or Sturgeon? Maybe it's the Hollande (aise) sauce on the side? Tongue All I've done is a bit of adjustment to contrast and levels followed by some sharpening. So nothing particularly adventurous.

Regards.

Phil.

(Mar 5, 2014, 18:25)Phil J Wrote:  
(Mar 5, 2014, 18:08)MrB Wrote:  Hi there, Phil.

Philip

Hi Philip,

Nothing springs to mind. Something the locals have been smoking maybe? Fish, might be Salmond or Sturgeon? Maybe it's the Hollande (aise) sauce on the side? Tongue All I've done is a bit of adjustment to contrast and levels followed by some sharpening. So nothing particularly adventurous.

Regards.

Phil.

Hi MrB, the entire collection is extremely good in my opinion. It makes me want to book a flight right now! Di

Hi there Di,

Thank you for your very kind and generous comments. Philip (MrB) is very adept and accurate, and has helped me to (in the main) establish a more critical approach to obtaining a 'level headed' look at horizons. Smile He's something of a cross between a spirit-level and a serious colour analysing piece of software.

Best regards.

Phil.

(Mar 11, 2014, 16:52)Phil J Wrote:  Hi there Di,

Thank you for your very kind and generous comments. Philip (MrB) is very adept and accurate, and has helped me to (in the main) establish a more critical approach to obtaining a 'level headed' look at horizons. Smile He's something of a cross between a spirit-level and a serious colour analysing piece of software.

Best regards.

Phil.
To funny I thought I was responding to you to not MrB LOL! Still getting use to replying on these threads! MrB so sorry, I posted to you and not to Phil. :-) I'll get the hang of this yet! LOL!

Hi Di,

You were posting to me! Smile

I was just pointing out the help that MrB (Philip) has been to me. It can get a little confusing as there is on the one hand Philip who is MrB, then there is me Phil (PhilJ). I hope that clears up the confusion Smile

Thank you Di for the kind comments you made. It's always nice to be the recipient of positive feedback and kind comments.

cheers.

Phil.

Thank you, Di and Phil.

Even when there is no name clash, things can get quite confusing when people reply with a post containing quotes or multiple quotes from a previous post, sometimes even when a quote is not really needed in their post. Perhaps it would help if people were more selective when posting quotes - deleting most of the quoted post or posts, simply to leave quoted the part of the quoted post or posts that is relevant to their new post. Now that should make things clearer - No?

Philip

That's the way to go Philip. Clear as mud mate!! Smile

Smile Happy days Smile

Cheers.

Phil.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by funkymunky
Aug 27, 2013, 16:37
Last Post by nia
Jul 10, 2009, 07:22