Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Camera at last

So, I've just purchased my next camera: a Sony a700. I'm staying with the sony line simply because i won't have to replace all the accessories as well.

I got one used but in new condition from Amazon.com for USD $1107 ($1187 Australian), as opposed to AUD $1900 in stores here.

Now I just have to wait until it gets here. Amazon wouldn't ship to Australia so I had it shipped to my fiancee's family in Seattle, where I'll pay for them to forward it on to Australia.

Soooo can't wait. And can't wait until I can get some better glass to compliment it, which I'm not going to do until i'm back in the US for my wedding/honeymoon, where I can get them much cheaper.

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Congratulations!! should be lots of fun, I hear good things about this camera!

how long will it take to get to you?

Uli

no idea, i'm expecting about 3 weeks.

My Flickr page

it's like waiting for santa, isn't it Wink

Congrats! So you managed to sell the A100?

Well, no. But Jen agreed that it was probably a good idea to strike while the iron is hot, so to speak. the A100 is still on the market.

My Flickr page

Congratulations, the A700 is a great camera. I really like the feel and design of it.

There's nothing longer than the time that it takes for an eagerly anticipated package to arrive...

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

matthew Wrote:There's nothing longer than the time that it takes for an eagerly anticipated package to arrive...
Amen brother! Big Grin

My Flickr page

Look forward to seeing some great pictures from the new Camera.

Canon stuff.

Congratulations!!

I also look forward to seeing your pictures ... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Well it looks like i'm not getting it after all. The payment didn't go through for some reason, and i can't log into amazon no matter what (I KNOW I have the login correct) to contact the seller. I'm not even receiving the lost-password emails or replies to my tech support emails. Stupid Amazon. Don't think i'll be shopping there again. :/

My Flickr page

Oh thats sad. I never had problems with Amazon UK, but I suppose sometimes things do go wrong. It is a good job you had not sold the A100. Those little one use kodaks are a bit naf.Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Congratulations

Sony A700 is one of the coolest camera I have ever seen! The specs and the style are totally awesome! But I still won't trade my Canon EOS Rebel XS Digital camera Smile no matter what. Hope your problems will be fixed soon! Have you contacted the support desk about it?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post