Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I'm back!

Hey everyone,

I'm finally back in action. I've been shooting 4-5 days a week the last month or so and its going to stay like that for a little while with everything that is coming up.

So did ya miss me? Big Grin

We definitely missed you J! I thought you disappeared off the face of the earth! Smile

Good to have you back... Smile

I never knew you were gone. Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Yes! Welcome back! Was wondering where you went!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been here long enough to miss you Wink

Well busy with paying work is forgivable, Welcome back SJ Smile

Yes, I missed you. Nice that you are back Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hey I set a record in the last 30 days being a total of 32,804 shots. Having a 1Ds Mk II to play with half of the time certainly aided in that but I wasted a lot of my profits buying a portable storage device, I'd need a couple of 4gb cards to even contemplate running around with a 16mp camera very often :/

Hahaha, another reason why top of the line is still out of reach for most consumers... Smile

32,804 :o
I hope there was more than a few keepers! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Muzza

"The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer." -Anonymous

So, what portable storage device did you get?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

I picked something that I'd never heard of when researching, I was going to go for the Innoplus Phototainer but when I went to buy it they had a new device called the Jobo Giva Vu Pro which the salesman was raving about so I got one of those. Very happy with it, works well with RAW (and .cr2) files which was a must.

Where did you buy it from? I'm looking for a 30 - 40 gb solution before I go to Malaysia for a holiday.

Don't need a preview screen tho, just want to dump off the CF card

http://www.powerinnumbers.com.au/

They have all the Vosonic drive enclosures at the best prices, especially for Aussies.

I bought a 3310 from them for AU$250 with a 40Gig 5,400rpm drive.

Albert Einstein

StudioJ Wrote:they had a new device called the Jobo Giva Vu Pro

Oh yeah, I believe they also stock the Jabba the Hutt and See Three Pee Oh.... Big Grin

Right-o now you are just being naughty, the moderators will get you!! Big Grin

Albert Einstein

Hey Wayne it came from Madsens in Wollongong which probably isn't much help unless you order one via mail-order, it does have a big close to 4" screen on it which is why I wanted it.

Lots of nifty bits to it, the screen works very well outdoors, I bought it with the 802.11 wireless card so I don't need cables to use with the laptop. It plays a wide variety of digital media such as mpg4 & divx (not that I'd be naughty and put anything illegal on it!) oh and mp3s of course and it has a touch screen

On the photo side it handles RAW files very well which is a must for me as I don't shoot anything but raw anymore and it handles Canon's new .cr2 files plus it also supports Kodak PRO camera files which may be my next upgrade path for a studio camera. It has a dust detector feature where you point it at a white/grey card or a blue sky and it tells you where the dust is on your sensor, haven't used it yet but it looks interesting. It automatically copies photos off. You can also use colour profiles and apply a preview sharpening and it displays histograms for all formats.

They also have a smaller one called the Jobo Mini which doesn't have a screen but its still close to $600.00

Thanks StudioJ and Peted, Peted I looked at that unit from power in numbers and it has been on my shortlist Smile

I think the Jobo is out of my price range ... I don't get paid for my photos Sad

Hey those Vosonic's sound nice enough if you don't want all the fruit. Thats the same price I paid for a 1gig card last time I bought one lol

Hey J,

Sounds awesome mate - how did the shoot at the V8's go? We didn't get back until Sunday arvo, so I couldn't come along. We lost a week or so up North due to weather, so we've got to work this weekend too, which means no rally Sad They've been advertising it on TV a fair bit too, it looks unreal.

If anyone tells you the military is all fun and games, point them my way and I'll tell them where to put it Smile

Cheers,

Brad

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

- Albert Einstein

StudioJ Wrote:Hey Wayne it came from Madsens in Wollongong which probably isn't much help unless you order one via mail-order, it does have a big close to 4" screen on it which is why I wanted it.

Madsens also have a great range of inkjet paper, I mean really huge. Their prices for some of the Manfrotto tripod bits and pieces is also pretty good.

Albert Einstein

I bought the majority of my Cokin filter system through them (sans the ND filter), and they were a big help. Very friendly staff, and quite reasonably priced. Of course it probably would've been a lot cheaper ordering from overseas, but they weren't too bad...

Cheers,

Brad

- Albert Einstein

Madsens have excellent customer service and fairly good pricing plus they actually know what they're talking about. If I want a decent Australian price and I'm not too sure what other options are available I always go through them. They have great pricing on Lowepro bags, I got my Commercial AW & Nova 5 AW through them last time I was over that way.

No stress about the V8's Brad, I actually ended up shooting on the track rather than wandering around outside. Won't be going to Rally this weekend, they have only allocated 5 local media vests which is a bit of a joke and you have to go to Busselton to collect them and its first in best dressed. I'm heading down to Ravenswood on Saturday for Miss West Coast instead Smile

Sounds awesome, let me know how it goes - and post some pics Smile

Brad

- Albert Einstein

Hi All
I'm looking for a OTG portable HDD to dump video off my 4GB CF card, (I noticed that some only accept cards to 1 or 2GB), I have a Digital video recorder that uses CF cards which i connect to my HATCAM so I can video hands free while fly fishing, because I can only get 17 minutes per GIG of high quality video I need something to dump to while being out in the elements away from camp.

Does anyone have any ideas at what i should look for.

Regards
JB

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Oct 2, 2012, 05:19
Last Post by nia
Aug 30, 2011, 00:32