Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I'm excited!

Hi All,

I'm excited......I entered 3 images in this years Hunter Region Botanic Gardens 2007 Photo Competition. (photos are on display until the end of October)

I got a call today to say this image got 2nd place in section 'A'
[Image: IMG_9640-copy21.jpg]

and this one got 2nd place in section 'B'
[Image: 49_IMG_9712-copy12.jpg]

Thanks for looking
Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Congrats! and great photos Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Congratulations, Sharon, that's awesome. They're both really nice photos. (I especially like the curled petals of the second flower in #1.) What's the difference between categories "A" and "B"?

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Sharon...
Splendid news!! Smile

Congratulations. They are excellent pictures... You know my favorite is #2.... Smile

I am very happy for you... Great motivation!!

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Well done!

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Awesome Sharon. You must be stoked! Big Grin

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

2nd place section B looks better to me. Kind of clean and simple. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks everyone, I'm soooooo happy........

I've always thought the little flower in #1, looked like he has his hands over his mouth laughing...

#2 would have to be my best image so far.....

Matthew, section A, the images had to be taken within the grounds of the Botanic Gardens & section B, images can be taken anywhere.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Wonderful images and a worthy honour.

Canon stuff.

Congratulations!!

congrats indeed!! So what is the ruling of pictures of Weed plants? I love how the THC shines in the light in a macro setting. NOT KIDDING

Sharon you deserve an even higher honour! You braved the Hexham Greys which have sent me screaming and bitten all over the last couple of times I have strayed into the gardens Big Grin
To those of you who dont know, the Hexham Greys are the largest mosquitoes you could possibly find in the Hunter. The Hexham Bowling Club has a huge one on top of their building as its mascot. We Ozzies are a strange lot Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Thanks again everyone....

Yes the mozzies were bad.....but lots of aerogard helps Big Grin

Sharon Smile

Winston Churchill