Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I wanna go Daddy

This was shot at my best friends wedding . No this isnt him , but i saw them and had to take the shot . I feel like there is something missing . Any C/C please ..

..... Shawn

[Image: _MG_1818%20copy%205.jpg]

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Faces?

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

How did i miss that ?

Ok other than faces ?

........ Shawn

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Im a fan of images that show people walking away from the camera... The image becomes more about their 'journey' and less about the person and how they look.

The black and white and mostly dark forest background creates a symbol of danger to me? I wonder if its the colours of the forest missing?
Shane

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

I love this picture Shawn.... Very nice composition. I find it meaningfull, the same way as Shane.... Smile

About the post processing... I am not so sure if I like it so dark. I think I would love to see more light/detail in the green trees and make a lovely contrast with the trunks of the trees. Perhaps if you play a little with the channels?

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hi shawn!

To me there is to much detracting from the subjcect.

Some vignetting and artificial dof might do the trick.

Also by placing the subject in the right lower corner might have improved the composition.

Thanx for sharing.

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Perhaps a little less road at the bottom and more of the trees at the top would help.

Canon stuff.

I like your composition as it is, however, I tried with the suggested crops and I think I like even better.... Smile

[Image: shawnsbw2.jpg]

[Image: shawnsbw.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

Sorry Shaun I didn't read the title. If it means what I think it means, then they should be just starting to go past the bush on their left.(for a little privacy Wink)

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks Yall ,

I do appreciate the comments ,

Shane i tried it in color and really didnt like it i really took it with BW in mind so maybe im a little bit biass about it .

Irma i really like the first crop , i think that is what i was/am looking for . And i will play with the channels some to see if i can lightin it up some .

Thanks again yall . ...... Shawn

That was my favorite too... Smile

Somehow I like the line of the tree, maybe giving a bit of detail would look really nice... I also like the long trees in front of them.

Paul Cezanne

Unbalance it a but more even. Put the pair in the very corner of the frame.

[Image: 88_sample.jpg]

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Dean
Sep 9, 2013, 06:10