Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

In Loving Memory

Some shots from a local historic cemetery.

[Image: Elmwood%20Cemetery%20022d.jpg]

[Image: Elmwood%20Cemetery%20028b.jpg]

[Image: Green%20Angel_blue%20sky.jpg]

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Very interesting shots. I like the effect in the last one. It works well in this subject.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Very interesting effect on number 2. Is this the same effect that you used on the picture of the park and the rocks?

x3 for same questions as above. I do like your eye and think you have a uniquely gifted way of "seeing".

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

no 3 looks surreal, what did you do to it?

nice shots, reminds me of some I took in New York last year....

Uli

I thought I had commented on your pictures!!
Sorry I have been a bit distracted latele...

I like your pictures from the very first time I saw them. I like very much cemetery pictures, specially when you have statues like this one.

This is not very common in Germany, they have mainly square headstones, but very common in some cemeteries in Mexico. Unfortunately this kind of cemeteries are lessening day by day as people ask their family to be cremated and do something else with the ashes but not to go to the cemetery.

About your pictures, I like very much your work with colors, I think #2 is beautiful, it tells something to me.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

lovely shots Aine, we really need to meet up at elmwood one day and shoot ! There is something special about cemetery shots !

...... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Thanks so much everyone. The first two shots are pretty much right out of the camera, with a little adjustment of color and contrast, but no special effects. The third shot I used the Orton technique on. There was something surreal about that angel, and I wanted to portray that even more so in the photograph. Irma, you said #2 told you something – that’s what I felt with that one too. It was over the grave of a child, and something about it touched me and made me wonder what the story was. Shawn, just name the day and I’ll meet you out there. It’s one of my favorite places to photograph, and I know I haven’t covered the whole place yet as many times as I’ve been out there.

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Number 2 is really beautiful.

Canon stuff.

These are very well done. The crops and retouching really enhance the mood and subjects.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BeaglesToo
Dec 19, 2006, 21:03