Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cokin Filters

Has anyone used the Cokin filter system before? Any good? Walking around with one attached looks quite odd if you ask me...

I want one of those!

Is that the system where you slide in the filter?
My friend Peter uses one, well, I haven't seen him use it, but he's got it Tongue haha
But he hasn't been on here recently, I think Smile busy with exams I think (I got one tomorrow! AURhGHGhgHGhghghghhghgH!!!)

I agree it'll look odd, maybe because it's not a popular walk-around thing. haha, people scared that it will slide out.

I have one. It is very useful and cost effective. It is also very awkward to carry and to use.

Depends on how much you expect to use filters and for what. My advice is to get the Cokin system for the filters that you won't use much - for special or low usage stuff - but to buy traditional screw-on filters for the stuff that you will use a lot - such as circular polarizer.

I have one. I got as a birthday present while I was using my fixed focal length Casio QV3-EX. It works really well and is a good device for experimentation. You can make your own filters. I mounted an old sun glasses lens and a lens from 3-d movies glasses as well as a special effects diffractions lens from a souvenir.

I don't use it any more because it isn't big enough to leave room for my wide angle lens.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post