Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Irma's Desk

Have you ever realised that a woman's desk looks very different from a man's? Smile

[Image: IrmasDesk.jpg]

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

What, that is a desk? I thought my desk was the only way you could do it (Monitor aat the end, tower underneath and wireless keyboard/mouse on top... of my bed!

A great photo guerito, now Irma, how about gurrito's desk?

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Yes, they are different, indeed..... Wink

[Image: gueritosdesk.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

That's one big fuzzy mouse you have there Irma. I want one. Big Grin You have the coziest desk.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

What the heck. I just had to get involved and show my dog and desk. Big Grin
Sorry Geurito. I hope I didn't hijack your post.

[Image: dsk.jpg]

My flickr images

I'd post my desk..... but then I'd have to kill myself from shame.... it's a pigsty!

Petographer Wrote:What the heck. I just had to get involved and show my dog and desk. Big Grin
Sorry Geurito. I hope I didn't hijack your post.

No problem! Maybe others would like to share their desk too? Come on, guys, let's see how you spend the most valuable time of your life! (Most valuable, with perhaps the exception of the time spent shooting, or with your spouse, or with your kids, or dogs, or cats, or doing sports, and so on and so on...) Big Grin

Edit: BTW you have a beautiful desk, Pet-O. It's a pity the computer things kill the style!

Ok, you made me do it: Now here is my bed (me hopes no pedofiles see this)
[Image: normal_desk.jpg]

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

Here's mine

[Image: desk.jpg]

Polly

hi

gooooosh you people have desks....waaayyyy too neat .

I will defently not post my desk!!!

Regards

Christian

Polly Wrote:Here's mine

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/images...d/desk.jpg

Polly
A very descent sized moneitor you have there Polly, and a nice photo too.

byrt, come on, I even posted my bed!

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

dewy Wrote:
Polly Wrote:Here's mine

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/images...d/desk.jpg

Polly
A very descent sized moneitor you have there Polly, and a nice photo too.

byrt, come on, I even posted my bed!

Thank you Wink

The monitor is a 19" Mitsubishi Diamond Pro.

Polly

Dewy: Your desk is by far the most comfortable I've ever seen! Big Grin

Polly: You seem to be a well organized person. Your desk area looks very neat indeed, with that touch of a loving hand only women have...

Christian and EnglishBob: Dewy's right, now come on... After a desk in bed it can't get much worse! And it might not look that bad in a picture. My desk definitely looks like a yardsale and/or rubbish dump, but thanks to the genius of Irma it doesn't really look as bad as it is! Wink

I vote for Irma's. She's got a cat to put her face into once in a while. Big Grin

My flickr images

Petographer: Your desk also looks very nice... Beautiful furniture...

Dewy: Your place is really lovely... I don't have chewing gum but I have sweets and chocolates around...

Polly: So tidy... now I am a little ashamed... :/ beautiful place as well...

Btw the only disadvantage of having Lucky here on the desk, is that you have to share your lunch with her Smile

Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:Polly: So tidy... now I am a little ashamed... :/ beautiful place as well...

No need to feel ashamed at all. My desk, and surrounding area, was too filthy and untidy for a picture so I cleared some of the clutter. Look more closely to the left of the monitor and you can see the layer of dust in the corner of the workstation (on the same side as the printer.

Next - see the polythene bag on the floor to the right of the desk? That's full of sweets, biscuits and other bits and pieces I moved before taking the picci.

Next - the shadow on the floor, left of the picci, is from a cardboard box that's usually to the left of my chair. The shadow is from the light from the window, a huge window to the left of my desk. The box contains my blank cds, spare ink cartridges, spare Jewel cases for the cds and there's a couple of magazines, a pair of trainers and a pair of outdoor shoes on top of that same box.

I cleaned the floor around the desk whilst I was at it ... but there's still a layer of dust on the top shelf of my desk - can't be bothered to sort out all those letters and documents top right.

Last but not least -- I cloned out a few dirty smudges from the wall. Big Grin

Polly

Oh! Polly you are very kind... Now I feel a little better Big Grin

Edit: BTW: I am missing your pictures Sad

Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:Oh! Polly you are very kind... Now I feel a little better Big Grin

Edit: BTW: I am missing your pictures Sad

I hate housework - only do the bare minimum, usually when we're expecting visitors Big Grin

I haven't been taking many pix recently but I have a very temporary album of 18 pix online at the moment. They're nothing special, some of them quite rough in fact. I uploaded them because I've been discussing street photography with someone for the past few days. I'll be taking the pix down soon but you can have a look at them over if you wish.

They were all shot mid December. You may recognise one or two of them as they're the 'rejects' from some of the street pix I posted here a while ago. I kept these ones as there are some features I like in some of them. I'd asked the chap (member of a mailing group) for a critique - he's always very straight, honest and blunt. He found most of them dull but I was interested to note the ones I personally prefer was also the ones he said something a little more postive. I need a lot more practise Big Grin

See them HERE

Polly

Lol... I think I can safely make the conclusion that females keep neater desks than males.. Big Grin

[Image: DSCF3825.JPG]

This is ours... although my wife uses it mostly. I'm on my laptop most of the time in the living room. I only use the desktop to play games.. Big Grin

(copy of ghost recon on the left) Big Grin

@Polly:
What I like the most in your pictures is the colors, they are so bright! Thanks for sharing your pictures Smile

Paul Cezanne

Toad's Desk...

[Image: s%20Desk.jpg]

Just noticed: if you look carefully - this thread (Irma's desk) is showing on my monitor...

Lol.. is that a digeridoo on the left, beside the bin?

I see too that you're a palm user. Evil! Evil! Big Grin

It isn't a digeridoo - but I do own one.

I like Palm - I hate Pocket PC

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Nov 29, 2007, 05:40