Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Istanbul (Black & White series I)

1) A view from the hill, it's the Bosphorus...
[Image: IMG_3865a.jpg]

2)
[Image: IMG_3875a.jpg]

3) And now we are at the cafe that is one of our favurite one! I can watch all the sea traffic at the Bosphorus, one goes to the Black Sea, the other one goes to the Marmara Sea (then crossing the Dardanalles strait and reaches to the Aegean Sea... then who knows the world is great for to travel) and little boats, ships for the Bopshorus tour all day long, from the beginning to the end of the Bosphorus...

[Image: IMG_4135a.jpg]

4)
[Image: IMG_4070a.jpg]

5) New navy students, they are sailing...
[Image: IMG_4105a.jpg]

6)
[Image: IMG_4111a.jpg]

7)
[Image: IMG_4141a.jpg]

To be continued,
Thanks and Love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

8)
[Image: IMG_4423a.jpg]

9)
[Image: IMG_4402a.jpg]

10)
[Image: IMG_4339a.jpg]

11)
[Image: IMG_4318a.jpg]

12)
[Image: IMG_4259a.jpg]

13)
[Image: IMG_4242a.jpg]

14)
[Image: IMG_4207a.jpg]

15)
[Image: 31_IMG_4141a.jpg]

Thank you,
With my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

There is something about black and white that allows us as viewers to "see" a different way...and when in a series like this, there is a a feeling of contemplation that simply would not exist in colour.
I particularly like #3 at the café. Now, I do realise that the camera has focused on the window, not the people, and as such might not be intentional....but to me this a special shot: the textures of the leaves and other reflections in the glass seem to suggest things about the people(to me!). The composition, with that window line at such a "pleasing" spot for the eye, works to sharpen our interest and draw us into the shot. Therefore, in total, this shot works so well to engage and include the viewer.
I am a believer that the term "Showcase" should be a place that encourages special shots, shots that work to include the viewer...and if more of us approached the showcase in the same way it would help build and develop us shooters as "people-centred" photographers.
Forgive my being so in-depth here, yet I really do feel image #3 has a specialness that makes it so worth looking at. You do bring a freshness to these forums Nia! Smile

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Zig Wrote:There is something about black and white that allows us as viewers to "see" a different way...and when in a series like this, there is a a feeling of contemplation that simply would not exist in colour.
I particularly like #3 at the café. Now, I do realise that the camera has focused on the window, not the people, and as such might not be intentional....but to me this a special shot: the textures of the leaves and other reflections in the glass seem to suggest things about the people(to me!). The composition, with that window line at such a "pleasing" spot for the eye, works to sharpen our interest and draw us into the shot. Therefore, in total, this shot works so well to engage and include the viewer.
I am a believer that the term "Showcase" should be a place that encourages special shots, shots that work to include the viewer...and if more of us approached the showcase in the same way it would help build and develop us shooters as "people-centred" photographers.
Forgive my being so in-depth here, yet I really do feel image #3 has a specialness that makes it so worth looking at. You do bring a freshness to these forums Nia! Smile
Thank you dear Zig, your words, your sharing so appreciated for me, as always. This reflection was really so impressive. I was watching the Bosphorus and the sailing boats... Then, for a moment I turned back and I saw this great view, everything was on the window, behind of us. Yes, it was the first thing to take its picture in Black & White! I don't think to take it in colours.... Maybe it would have been better too, but this was, at least what I did. How nice to share with you, as if you were with me too there... You are so nice, you made my day.

with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post