Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

It's that dog again!!

Hello folks.

Can you please look at this, and tell me why no one likes it?
Is it really that bad???

http://i.pbase.com/g3/25/74725/2/102436694.137OiHxX.jpg

Thanks!

Cave canem

Well, that's an easy answer—I can't load the photo. It gives a 403/Forbidden error.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

rats!!!!!!!!

Cave canem

[Image: 102436694.jpg]

***Edit by KeithAlanK: Added .jpg to the image URL***

Cave canem

Double rats!!!!

I remember I used to have this problem b4. It's simply that I've forgotten how to post! Rolleyes

Cave canem

I can't get it to display, either, but clicking on the non-displaying photo does bring it up.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

It's a nice shot. Maybe the punters' expectations were of girlies!Big Grin

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Only for your health Wink

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

See? This is all I ever get.

No one will say anything about the bl**dy picture! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

PLEASE, say something!!

Cave canem

I've never known this b4.

I've posted it here, I've posted it there.......

Is it truly awful? Please talk to me before I go (more) mad! :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:mad::/:o

Cave canem

If it helps, I find that the shadow is too dark, and I'm not a fan of the window treatments. Perhaps a thin reflector to fill some of the shadow on the bottle while still leaving the cast shadow dark?

I still like it. It's a good shot. Maybe folks are nonplussed by its apparent static(read "easy") lighting, whereas the amount of thoughtfulness about aperture of flash is not immediately apparent. Exposure, focus, DoF, tonal width and differing textures all work.

(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I like the light and shadow on the table, but I agree with Matthew - maybe a bit more backlighting to bring out the outline of the bottle. It's a bit hard to distinguish from the dark backdrop.

The bottle looks to me like it's leaning a bit--may be true, may be a lens or lighting effect?
Also--not very sharp text.
Agree about the shadow, and the need for some backlight or background light to provide more separation and get the bottle's outline defined.
The bottom has the edge of something (card stock or table?) visible--oops.

Shots like this are all about the details as much as the overall mood.
It's a great scene and idea (love the faint window grid you have)--it just needs to be executed better.

I look forward to the re-shoot! Cool

Smile

Thank you folks!! Crumbs, I feel better now.
I was getting really paranoid..............................

I'm very grateful for you all pointing out the flaws. Now I can look at the reshoot with a "new" eye.

Aaaahhh.........Much more relaxed now/////////////////// Cool

Cave canem

There are no flaws. It is perfect. It is a Platonic Ideal and the very Type of perfection. Ignore everyone, as this is a plot to unhinge your canine mind.

:|

"...Nurse!...."

Rolleyes

Couldn't read it yesterday from work, now I can see the image.

As previously said, text is a little soft.

For my eye there is not quite enough separation from the background, needs just a tiny bit more light on the bottle or teh background, either would work.