Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Its a start ?

I have had a few people ask me if i had a wesite with my photos on it , and i hated to tell them no so i finnally got one LOL . Its not much but its a start . And besides it is mine with my very first Domain Name. Big Grin.

I tried to build one with PS , and i felt like i was over my head , so i went the " easy way. I will be getting a more " professional " one in the near furture but for now i think this works. Please feel free to tell me what you think , you wont hurt my feelings . LOL . I know its not much , and its still being worked on.

www.taylordmemories.com

........ Thanks for lookin ........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

It looks very professional, Drake. Can't wait to see it when you have fleshed it out with more photos and details. Well done.

Very professional indeed Shawn... I like it Smile

Good luck!!! Big Grin

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Indeed, very well done. Simple but effective. Like it! Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

I really like the content of this site. I think the header and tag need re-aligning. The S in memories runs into the image of the camera and blends too much. Maybe bevell and emboss will separate it a little. The grey background behind your tag line has got to go. Re-align the tag so that the lines are even. On your Glamour page the red border on the image doesn't work. No border would be better. From what I see, none of the other images have one. I'd hate to go on and on Shawn as the content is really good but a lot of things need to be tweaked. I think you're headed in the right direction though.

If I may suugest one thing if any is, do some changes and keep returning for feedback until you get it just the way you want it. This is your on-line business card. "professional looking" is key. If there is one thing that I've learned after a couple years of being in biz is that if you go cheap that is how people with see you. I've raised my prices significantly and no-one has batted an eye to it.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks All Of Yall ,

There is a lot of tweeking that i need on the site I know , And i am going to keep messing with it . I am so new to the website thing so its all been trial and error .

Peto Thanks for the critique , i want it to look like it was done by a pro , not by a guy that just wants a website ( if that makes any sence at all ) . There are a few things that i can fix and a few that i dont know how to so it will take some time . I am using a template ( which i know isnt a good thing ) and its doing things that i dont know why its doing them Big Grin. Just another learning thing for me too . Ill give you a few examples , The picture on the Glamour page , i have no idea how it got there , so i am planning on messing with it , and the same goes for the " tag line " color , dont know why it did it but it did LOL . I am working on these things and the other pages as " we speak " . When i fix the " small " things i will let yall know .

The next thing is i am running out of room so i may need to upgrade as it might get bigger and bigger LOL ........

Thanks again for the feed back ........ Shawn

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Looks great Shawn - you are doing better than me. I still don't have one - just an under construction sign Sad

Canon stuff.

Thanks WS ,

I think it will work for a little while ( after i play with it a little bit more ) .

.......... Shawn