Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Barn

Ok i told yall i would load yall up with pics LOL . Here is a " pole barn " that i have passed hundreds of times and wanted to shoot it but was waiting for my digital camera . And i am trying to get my B/W conversions to work for me LOL . I have been using actions and thought it was time to " relearn " them. I like a little bit of tone in them .

I shot this one at the wrong time ( miday ) but i kind of like the darkness of the truck . Yall tear this one up LOL .

[Image: barn%20b%20and%20w%20web.jpg]

Thanks ....... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

This one really needs a HDR or HRd-the-hard-way treatment to expose for the truck. It is the primary suibject and it is pretty much invisilble.

This 2 minute (literally) retouch is a very poor retouch (unequal lighting, poor selction etc.) - but gives some idea what is possible. The shot has great potential but needs to be developed. It is hard to recover much more from a small web-sized jpeg.

Sorry for being critical.

[Image: 33_test.jpg]

please dont be sorry , i put these on here for this reason . I see what you are saying , i have to learn this HDR treatment . There is a great thing with this shot . I also have it in RAW . LOL . I was planning on playing with RAW later and thought that i could do something more with it .

Thanks for playing with it and showing me that it can be " fixed " more . I prob should have waited to shoot this one in different light ( i ll prob just reshoot ) . Then maybe i can get more of what i was looking for.

........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Here is a combination of high sharpening and contrast with the original photo.

[Image: 33_testb.jpg]

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Nice treatment, Don!

A poor man's HDR. Big Grin

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Banded Drake Wrote:I also have it in RAW . LOL . I was planning on playing with RAW later and thought that i could do something more with it .
Excellent!

Here is the ticket. Process the original twice - one with the RAW image exposed for the shadows (the truck) and one for the light areas and save them separately. Select the "dark" areas in the photo exposed for the truck using your favorite method (polygonal lasoo?) and copy them. Paste the selection in as a layer on top of the photo exposed for the light areas. Voila!

With a little work, you have a winner here...

Almost looks like a sketch Don - great effort.

Canon stuff.

Toad Wrote:
Banded Drake Wrote:I also have it in RAW . LOL . I was planning on playing with RAW later and thought that i could do something more with it .
Excellent!

Here is the ticket. Process the original twice - one with the RAW image exposed for the shadows (the truck) and one for the light areas and save them separately. Select the "dark" areas in the photo exposed for the truck using your favorite method (polygonal lasoo?) and copy them. Paste the selection in as a layer on top of the photo exposed for the light areas. Voila!

With a little work, you have a winner here...
I am listening in with great interest. I was going to ask if you used selection tool or wether 'Raw processing' would allow you to bring dark shades up and leave the lighter ones.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Cool! an awesome barn, you'll have to try and go back one late afternoon Shawn!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

NT73 Wrote:I am listening in with great interest. I was going to ask if you used selection tool or wether 'Raw processing' would allow you to bring dark shades up and leave the lighter ones.
No - but HDR will allow you to do that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by matthew
Oct 8, 2008, 19:54
Last Post by Banded Drake
Dec 19, 2006, 16:39