Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

James Stuart Cain’s Home, Bodie, Ca

James Stuart Cain’s Home, Bodie, Ca. The grandest of bodies homes, last inhabited by a body citizen in the 1960's prior to Bodie becoming a state park and angers taking up residence in some homes.
5DIII, 3 image HDR.

Okay, obviously the wrong image somehow, the correct image is:

Craig, it's good to see an HDR image in which the dynamic range has been successfully adjusted but tone mapping has not been taken too far. The resultant finish brings out the textures in the image very attractively.

(The only feature I would edit, if it were my image, would be to correct the converging vertical perspective - it looks a really great image to me after making the vertical lines of the buildings parallel.)

Cheers. Smile
Philip

P.S. That's also a nice image in Post #1

Excellent captures - well taken.

Thanks for the comments.

@Phillip, I try to keep any HDR's I do with some connection to reality, I prefer them that way.

Oh, and the first Monochrome is the South Tufa's at Mono Lake, Lee Vining, Ca. I got up at 4AM Saturday and 5 AM Sunday this week-end to drive the 30 miles from my hotel and slog the half mile through the bushes int eh dark to get there! Sun up was 7:06 and this image was actually taken before then.

(Oct 19, 2015, 08:54)EnglishBob Wrote:  Oh, and the first Monochrome is the South Tufa's at Mono Lake, Lee Vining, Ca. I got up at 4AM Saturday and 5 AM Sunday this week-end to drive the 30 miles from my hotel and slog the half mile through the bushes int eh dark to get there! Sun up was 7:06 and this image was actually taken before then.

Fabulous work !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Sep 24, 2017, 18:39