Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Jesus del Monte

My sister just moved to this place just few months ago, so it was the first time I was there. It is a beautiful little town very close to Morelia City. So the afternoon I had free I had to make the obliged visits, the market, the church and the cemetery. The market unfortunately was closed....

We start with the church... Smile

[Image: IMG_0552-Edit.jpg]

Its bell tower...

[Image: IMG_0569-Edit.jpg]

After have seen so many old beautiful churches in Europe, I found this bell tower so sweet... Smile

In our way to the cemetery I saw this little house... It is a very common construction, we can think that people living there is not so rich to afford living in a brick house. But still the house has some designed and it is very well cared, and I liked that a lot...

[Image: IMG_0620-Edit.jpg]

This was the reason I couldn't go closer in the cemetery. The have it very well protected... Wink

[Image: IMG_0573-Edit.jpg]

The door was closed so any detail of the place could be possible. It was really a shame, since I found the place so full of color and details. I would have loved to take some close ups.

[Image: IMG_0574-Edit.jpg]

These are the outskirts of the town...

[Image: IMG_0625-Edit.jpg]

Yes, the family was coming with me, and Iker just came into the frame...

Food for Gods... well at least for Mexican Gods... Wink Delicious nopales, and tunas growing everywhere..

[Image: IMG_0629-Edit.jpg]

Hope you enjoy these pictures of Jesus del Monte... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I really like the composition of the landscape with the bicycle. The glass on the wall top is very well captured. I also would love to get into that cemetery for photos - so colorful. I also like the laundry on the little country house.

nice shots and great processing. I love how you make all the detail visible in no 5!
no 1 has great light, i might try to crop a tiny bit off the bottom if it was mine. I like the leading lines, but I find the picture slightly bottom heavy.
4 is a nice detail shot, could be mine Smile

lovely! And you said you didn't get to take pictures....

Uli

I really like the last image Irma. But I also enjoyed reading about your day.

Canon stuff.

Thanks a lot for your comments... Smile

Uli, I really expected to bring more and better ones. One thing I learned here, it needs concentration. I don't know if I am so used to go shooting alone, that when you are with people, you just don't think or see properly.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I feel exactly the same!! there is always the pressure of rushing on and not letting your impatient companions wait, I much prefer going by myself. But I believe everyone knows this problem Smile

Irma, thanks for a great series. The pressures of keeping up on a trip with other people makes photography really difficult. At least my favourite traveling companion has learned to bring a book. Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com