Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just Apples?

[Image: 64_3.jpg]

Apples and Kafka... (The Trial graphic novel)

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

I like the Kafka in the background of this - but I find the doll and basket distracting. It makes it hard for me to determine the exact subject of the photo.

Very interesting picture Nia...

I don't know anything about his book... and I was wondering whether there is a relation between the apples and the book... the thing is that to me the stongest subject in your picture is the book because of the eyes of the man and the possition of them in the frame.... it is something that keeps me out of your composition of the apples and creates some kind of tension...

The interesting thing also is that in one side of the frame you have tention with the face on the book and in the other you have a doll... I see it very contrasting. If there is any connection/relation I wish I could understand it...

Thanks for sharing your picture! Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Toad Wrote:I like the Kafka in the background of this - but I find the doll and basket distracting. It makes it hard for me to determine the exact subject of the photo.
I didn't think of this dear Toad, I am just looking now from your eyes Smile You should be right. Thank you,

with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Irma Wrote:Very interesting picture Nia...

I don't know anything about his book... and I was wondering whether there is a relation between the apples and the book... the thing is that to me the stongest subject in your picture is the book because of the eyes of the man and the possition of them in the frame.... it is something that keeps me out of your composition of the apples and creates some kind of tension...

The interesting thing also is that in one side of the frame you have tention with the face on the book and in the other you have a doll... I see it very contrasting. If there is any connection/relation I wish I could understand it...

Thanks for sharing your picture! Smile
Ah, Kafka! What would have thought, if he saw this.... Smile

To be honest Irma, this photograph happened spontaneously! I was trying to take some apple pictures and there was too much light from the right side and I wanted to put something between the light and the apples and yes, when I took a book from my desk, it was Kafka Smile and then I decided to use this. I loved the composition with this book. There is not a specific connection with none of them, but as I tried to explain it was just a visual effect in my mind and I tried to take this. I am glad you liked it.

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

I find the background to busy to see the apples... far too much going on in the picture.

EnglishBob Wrote:I find the background to busy to see the apples... far too much going on in the picture.
You may be right, thank you so much,

with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Aug 15, 2007, 07:43
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Oct 22, 2004, 00:05