Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just Blue Glass

1)
[Image: 86_2a.jpg]

I love blue glass... I just wanted to try to get a nice shot with this old sugar bowl.
Blue is the wonderful colour, especially for photography.

2)
[Image: 13a.jpg]

3)
[Image: 69_8a.jpg]

About these vase photographs, very old vase and a gift from my mother-in-law. I didn't make this like that for photography, it has been standing like that in my glass-fronted cabinet because all these little things are gift from my lovers, paper roses (my son's while he was a child he made these paper roses for me), dried red rose (my love's), the bracelet (a friend's)... so I took its picture how it was... Smile

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Very nice stills nia, I like the idea that you have in the vase different flowers with different sizes.

The blue glass looks nice as well, but it needs a lot more light, I believe.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:Very nice stills nia, I like the idea that you have in the vase different flowers with different sizes.

The blue glass looks nice as well, but it needs a lot more light, I believe.
You can guess what was the inspritation for these shots Smile Thank you dear Irma, yes, I will listen to you, maybe I can try once again with more light... Should I use flash, but I don't like the picture with flash, actually there was a soft light in the room and I didn't make more light the room, maybe I should try once again with all lights in the room, but yes, I don't have such an equipment like being in studio Smile But I almost understand what you mean, I'm learning,

Thanks once again, you are so nice,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

You can give more light to your picture in many ways, one could be using another lamp, or getting closer the ones you use for your blue glass... another option is just to reduce your shutter speed.

I think the light you have in this picture (blue glass) is right, you just have one or two highlight, it is ok. only reduce your shutter speed to give more light to the glass.... Wink

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:You can give more light to your picture in many ways, one could be using another lamp, or getting closer the ones you use for your blue glass... another option is just to reduce your shutter speed.

I think the light you have in this picture (blue glass) is right, you just have one or two highlight, it is ok. only reduce your shutter speed to give more light to the glass.... Wink
Thank you dear Irma, I noted all these points and I want to take another pictures too, I hope this time it would be better.

with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Feb 8, 2016, 08:01