Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just a few

My original idea is to post some images in the photo journalism forum but I just had to get a few posted for sharing before that. I want to put together a half decent post in the journalism forum with photos. There are so many it is going to take some time to put it all together. So for a very small sneak peak I'm posting these few.

This first image is of the Christmas tree in the lobby of our resort. Taken at night.
[Image: Playa-Del-Carmen-002.jpg]

These fellas were perched in the trees just behind the Christmas tree. Taken during the day thus the reason why you can't see them in the first image.
[Image: Playa-Del-Carmen-005.jpg]

All the roofing to the buildings in the resort are grass. I manages to get this shot off while dining at the buffet.
[Image: Playa-Del-Carmen-017.jpg]

Here is one of the very many Iguana that are within the resort. Just a little gaffer.Smile
[Image: Playa-Del-Carmen-012.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Lovely work - I particularly like #2.

Thanks Toadster.Smile

My flickr images

Very nice -- and what are you using for the frame's background? It looks like a large-radius gaussian blur... it's a nice effect.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

These are very beautiful pictures Colin...
I love the warm colors and light in the first one... I love guacamayas, and your picture is lovely... very beautiful colors and the composition is really nice.
What lens did you use for the bird on the roof? It looks very sharp...
I envy that iguana ... I am missing so much not to have sunny weather... it looks like it is enjoying... Smile

Look forward to your post in the journalism forum, to see how you see my country, and what you liked the most... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Nice work Peto ,

I really like the 2nd shot, great job .

...... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Thanks Mathew Shawn and Irma. To answer a couple questions...
Mat, I used an action called a Stepmount.atn I had an image a long time ago that won in some category, I can't quite remember, on the Nobs forum. It was a prize. It is a gaussian blur effect. all elements of the action can be tweaked and changed when applying it. I'd be more than happy to make it available for download. Jules was supposed to have a page on the site for us to share actions and filters a long time ago but I don't know if it ever happened. I'll send it to you them work on Jules for the page.

Irma, my cyber sister Smile. What are guacamayas? Those big gold coloured upside down pears? I used mostly, believe it or not, my kit lens for quite a few shots. I also used my Tamron 28-200mm 3.8-5.6 macro. It was a bit of a hassle using that lens as the zoom ring broke and I had to zoom by pulling the lens in and out. I hope it doesn't cost much to fix. I love that lens.

My flickr images

Beautiful photos,They look so finished with the framing.
Lorraine

The photograph's are beautiful! The framing makes them look even more beautiful. My favorite pic is the two parrots. Smile

Thank you Beagles and lfmundy Smile.

My flickr images

great shots Peto, echo the above comments........looking forward to seeing the rest!!!

Guacamayas are those red parrots in your second picture... Smile

There are green and red. I like much more the red ones because of the colors. Their habitat is the jungle, near wide rivers. They live in huge colonies, and they are extinct in a lot of places where they used to live in Central and South America. We are lucky in Mexico since you can still find some colonies in wildness.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne