Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just a quick hallo!

[Image: _MG_5460.jpg]

I was quite sure, the cock was posing for me - or maybe for the hens inside the cage?

:-))

He is really posing Smile The place looks like a concrete jungle. How are you going?

Canon stuff.

Hey Uli...

Good to see that you've made it to (Shanghai?) safely...

Don't get too close to those birds... might have Avian flu... Sad

Anyway, keep safe, and hope you're snapping lots of pics! Big Grin

I love it. We're not actually near Shanghai, but somewhere out in a provincial area. I very much want to go out and visit more of the rural areas, where life is incredibly different from what I know. But i need a native speaker to go there with me.

BTW, why is my pic not showing?

uli

wulinka Wrote:BTW, why is my pic not showing?
Looks fine to me? Maybe try reloading... Big Grin

New culture, new places, new people - must be an awesome experience! Big Grin

Have a good travel! I like how the picture is set, with every section of it reminding me of asia... the concrete housing background, the caged chickens in the foreground and the woman supervising!

I only see a link. But if you guys can see it, I guess it's fine :-)

here are some dried ducks, which you can find by the hundreds on markets near here around this time of the year. And btw not just ducks, they dry fish and whole pigs as well, and I think occasionally a dog, too.....

Oh no, you'll have to get the picture later, can't upload. Sometimes the line plays funny tricks on me in this country, I don't understand....:/

[Image: _MG_5609ducks.jpg]

here we go.

Did I tell you we also watched a dog being butchered? I took pictures, but don't think it's entirely appropriate to post them here. Nevertheless, it was an exiting opportunities, and the funny thing is that more and more chinese people stopped too, to watch my friend and me watch :-) Foreigners are few and far between, and always a big attraction for the locals.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by aine-caitlin
Sep 14, 2008, 11:36