Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just joined forum

[/size]Hello I am Bob and have just joined your Forum. I have just made a comeback to photography after many years lay-off.
I started in 1965 with a Kodak Brownie Box camera, then a Voiglander and series of others I now forget the names of. I got hold of a Rolleiflex 3.5 F but had to sell it during hard times, ( I wish I had it to sell now). I then got on to SLR's the first being a Petriflex ( just liked the name albeit was a nice camera) I had a Pentax, Minolta and a Canon AE 1. When looking in a shop window I saw my first Canon A1, went in fell in love and purchased it, a truly great camera and the last camera made to a standard as opposed to a price, I kept the AE1 as a spare body, I had the Canon A1 outfit for quite some time and gave the outfit to my eldest Grandson. I got myself a Canon EOS 10 but after the quality feel of the A1 and the AE1 I always felt disappointed.
After some years and no time for photography I bought an Olympus e420 for use on holidays etc. Just two weeks ago I gave the e420 + lenses etc to my Grand daughter who will start her GCSE's in September and has chosen Photography as one of her subjects, due to this it somewhat re-kindled my interest so I got myself a Nikon d5200 with 18/55 lens plus a 55/300 zoom lens. I still have other bits and bobs to get and will get there asap.
After September and an operation I will be taking her out to various places for some photo shoots. I live in Surrey so there are plenty of beauty spots around to take her. I very much hope we will both enjoy our trips as I know I will enjoy her company.

(Jul 30, 2015, 08:13)bobby Wrote:  [/size]Hello I am Bob and have just joined your Forum. I have just made a comeback to photography after many years lay-off.
I started in 1965 with a Kodak Brownie Box camera, then a Voiglander and series of others I now forget the names of. I got hold of a Rolleiflex 3.5 F but had to sell it during hard times, ( I wish I had it to sell now). I then got on to SLR's the first being a Petriflex ( just liked the name albeit was a nice camera) I had a Pentax, Minolta and a Canon AE 1. When looking in a shop window I saw my first Canon A1, went in fell in love and purchased it, a truly great camera and the last camera made to a standard as opposed to a price, I kept the AE1 as a spare body, I had the Canon A1 outfit for quite some time and gave the outfit to my eldest Grandson. I got myself a Canon EOS 10 but after the quality feel of the A1 and the AE1 I always felt disappointed.
After some years and no time for photography I bought an Olympus e420 for use on holidays etc. Just two weeks ago I gave the e420 + lenses etc to my Grand daughter who will start her GCSE's in September and has chosen Photography as one of her subjects, due to this it somewhat re-kindled my interest so I got myself a Nikon d5200 with 18/55 lens plus a 55/300 zoom lens. I still have other bits and bobs to get and will get there asap.
After September and an operation I will be taking her out to various places for some photo shoots. I live in Surrey so there are plenty of beauty spots around to take her. I very much hope we will both enjoy our trips as I know I will enjoy her company.
Hi Bobby, and welcome to the forum, from another very new member.
Your tales of Canon kit took me back. I had an A1 with a power winder, and eventually got my dream camera, the T90, which I used with a mixture of lenses, and enjoyed the most of any camera I have ever owned. I finished my 'film years' with a Minolta Dynax 7 autofocus SLR, and the 24-105 lens, the best lens I have ever had. Sad to see it all gone now, but like you, looking forward to enjoying photography again.
Regards from Norfolk, Pete.

Welcome, look forward to seeing some pics. Ed.

To each his own!

Hello and welcome to the photography forums! Nice to have you here on site with us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

hi bobby and welcome to shuttertalk.

Welcome to Shuttertalk.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Feb 15, 2020, 10:14
Last Post by Barbara G.
Feb 13, 2020, 18:54