Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ken Rockwell's Big Deception

Ha ha, or should I say Ken Rockwell on Nikon's Big Deception...

As usual, take it with a grain of salt but Ken alleges that the D4, D800 and D600 are exactly the same camera inside, only with different packaging. The main telling point is the processing speed when taking into account the resolution:

D4 16MP @ 10FPS = 160 MP/s
D800 36MP @ 4FPS = 144 MP/s
D600 24MP @ 5.5FPS = 132 MP/s

Which is roughly the same. However, he lists other things which are the same such as autofocus, firmware, LCD, colour rendition, metering, white balance etc.

Hmmm what do you think?

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/10/01/ken-...00-and-d4/

You mean the Ken Rockwell who published a 2500-word review of the D600 after only reading about it on the Internet…?

I suspect that what the rockstar has discovered is that all these Nikon cameras released in 2012 were all made by the same company at about the same time.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Haha, I read your blog post and I can't agree more. IMHO you would buy from a local retailer for service and online for price. If the unit has a defect (and yes they do happen) then it would be much easier to take it back to the store rather than sort out warranty claims or DOA returns.

(Oct 3, 2012, 20:46)matthew Wrote:  ... my basic conclusion remains that Ken Rockwell℠ is a pageview-hungry link whore who has absolutely no credibility and writes incendiary garbage simply to see his traffic spike.

Don't sugar-coat it Matthew. Tell us what you really think...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Pavel
Aug 2, 2008, 13:58