Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Killer

If looks could kill..........I'd better stay to heel.:/
I pointed the camera at the sky as she walked past. Big Grin

[Image: killer.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Yes, but the dog looks as if it would just lick you Smile great shot NT

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Thanks Pat, I was on the end of a 300 mm, and I think the dog was a pup. Probably would have licked me to death.:/

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Good ol' Scandinavian stock there!

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I would be more afraid of the girl than the dog. Excellent picture, NT!

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I got that impression too Wink
No she gave me a nice smile as she went past and the doberman too.

Lumix LX5.

NT - I would like to ask this (with respect and without meaning to start a heated debate)...
I fully support a photographers right to photograph people in public places such as this photo. At times though I do wonder about the ethics of posting photographs of strangers on the internet. Do you ever worry about someone getting upset if they discover there photo on the net without their permission? I still relate this back to how I might feel if I found a photo of my wife on the net that was taken without her knowing or less than flattering.

As I said I mean no offence by asking but I am interested in hearing your thoughts and others opinions. I considered deleting this comment for fear of upsetting someone but I think this forum is mature enough to discuss it.
Shane

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Thats a killer alright, not the dog..Big Grin

Shane:Interesting question. My take on it. Any picture snapped of people in a "public" place is accepted. But taking photos of people in their home or in places where they expect privacy isnt okay.

Just my take on it. The other day when i was stroling around in stockholm, i passed by a hotel. While i was approaching the hotel i noticed two young guns having more camera gear then the typical tourist. When they noticed me they looked at each other and sid silent "here comes to competition" lol. I had the d2x and the 17-35/2,8 around my neck. I walked by them with a big grin on my face. Big Grin

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

smarti77 Wrote:NT - I would like to ask this (with respect and without meaning to start a heated debate)...
1. Do you ever worry about someone getting upset if they discover there photo on the net without their permission?
2. I still relate this back to how I might feel if I found a photo of my wife on the net that was taken without her knowing or less than flattering.

Shane
Re 1. A little, But if it was really unflattering or immoral I would not post it.
In most cases I ask for permission anyway.

Re 2 There are photo's of me on the net without my permission, but sometimes infamy can be good for you.Big Grin
Shuttertalk is kind of a closed shop in a way, although it is accessible (I know ) but I am comparing it to blogs and youtube and flickr type things. Without specific permission I would not post on those sites.

Havin said all that I may after a think alter my response.Smile

Lumix LX5.

Shameful invasion of privacy you bad bad man! I went through the same slings and arrows a few years ago when I took photos on the bus. Legally, the camera is an extension of the eye. If taken in a public place where a person expects to be seen, you are in your rights to take the photo. You have to be carefully not to label the photo in a libelous way if you put it up on the net. A subject can sue you for public libel.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/