Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kings Park Lights

I was just searching around a Perth tourism site, looking for any up-coming events that I can get out to photograph. I noticed that on the 9th of April, there's an event called "Kings Park Lights" - do any of you locals know what this is about, and is it worth going to get some pics?

Cheers,

Brad

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

- Albert Einstein

Hi Brad

Uuuhm look in the newspapers, good source of whats going on in the town.

I saw today that there is going to be a fashion show in the race course during the weekend. I really do not know details they do not give much info. maybe if you phone them?

let me know....

christian

Sounds interesting! Big Grin

Supposedly its to celebrate Easter, I think you may have found the weekend for 2004. There are heaps of interesting lights on there already. Have you been for a look around dusk? We could always have a bit of a social gathering to shoot the park one night and have a coffee if anyone is interested.

Let's do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My tripod will arrive by April 10th Tongue

I've got a shoot on the 10th have to be on the 9th, weekend after I have a wedding so no go again. I'd love to shoot something without people in it! I was looking at the dramatic clouds today and thinking "ha I'm going to shoot them and post something on here showing that I do go outside without a model attached to my hip" and guess what.. I got busy, had two models come to pick up photos then made dinner :/

Oh and I have a quality spare tripod if anyone needs one for the day Smile

StudioJ Wrote:I'd love to shoot something without people in it! I was looking at the dramatic clouds today and thinking "ha I'm going to shoot them and post something on here showing that I do go outside without a model attached to my hip"

*cough* photo assignment *cough*

Big Grin

awww.. we can't do it just before my new camera arrives!
There's a chance it will be here for the weekend of the 9th-10th, but more likely sometime during the week of the 11th.

Can't we get the Perth council to re-schedule the event? Wink

In all seriousness, sounds like a great idea. Even if I have to settle for using my current camera <sigh> Wink

And Jamie, I think I have the opposite problem to you. I often look at my photos and think I should take photos with people in them! Next time you have a couple of skimpy models "attached to your hip" and want to get rid of them... gimme a call and I'll swap places with you - you can go take some landscapes! Big Grin

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

I always bring my camera with me to uni;
Yesterday I wasn't going to, I thought 'what if I miss a good shot?'
and; I came home, with no pictures.
Today, I didn't bring my camera; and oh Sad
In the morning (while I was driving to uni) were some interesting clouds; but no camera with me.

I studied until about 9pm, then was eating my food about to go home...
Then I remember my friend's Chinese Language club watching movies, so I went to see; and he was wearing chinese costume!@#@!#!@ #! and I didn't have my camera Sad
I asked him to wear it to uni next week, but he said no Sad

Then I watched movies until 11 and then had to drive home very slowly because of the rain;
Rain makes the road reflective, and the buildings in the city, you can't see the tops of!

Hey guys,

Thanks for the heads up - I just had a quick check, and it does look like that site was talking about 2004 Rolleyes I'd love to get together with a group to take some photos, but unfortunately I'm on deployment for three weeks to near Exmouth, starting on the 16th of April (Saturday). If it's any time before, or after I get back, that'd be cool. Smile

Cheers,

Brad

- Albert Einstein

Ok so how about tentatively...

When: April 9th 2005 - 5pm
Where: Kings Park, Lookout platform opposite Frasers Restaurant
Duration: 90 minutes + coffee

I think its a good time of day, gives the entire golden hour plus a bit of time after dusk once the lights on Fraser Ave light up plus the monuments and of course the spectacular city view.

Once again, I'm so jealous I don't live on the "west side"... Big Grin

Don't forget your Shuttertalk T-shirts! Big Grin lol...

shuttertalk Wrote:Once again, I'm so jealous I don't live on the "west side"... Big Grin

Don't forget your Shuttertalk T-shirts! Big Grin lol...

Give me something I can put on a transfer to stick onto a shirt and I'll wear one (doesn't have to suit white, I have black transfers too)

Hi

yeah that will be nice, count me in.

Jamie Could I use the tripod if no one else have not taken it jet? let me know

take care

Christian

loopy

here is a link with things happening in perth, is on the site of whatson.com.au

http://1loc.com/php/wonthings.php?wlkey=...on=Outdoor

take care

christian

Thanks Christian, looking at it now.

Count me in for the 9th - will be good to meet other people with an interest in photography. It's rather ironic though - this week and next week we have a couple of guys here on a round the world tour trying to sell us a new model plane. I was taking a couple of snaps of it, and their chief pilot comes up and says "Hey is that a D70? Nice camera!" and we had a bit of a chat. It's definitely a small world!

Cheers,

Brad

- Albert Einstein

Sounds good to me. I'm in.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

I've got a mid sem exam on the 16th; and have to ask my parents;
but for the moment, I'll say "I'm in!"

I'll lure Peter also!

Cool... where is he these days? Big Grin

Don't forget Lak (Long)... Big Grin

I'll lure Laksa as well!
Hopefully!
tee-hee-hee Big Grin

hmmm... sounds good.

i'm game as well.

can i bring my family along?

It's amazing what old junk can do.
The toys

I'll probably have my family there, kids can run around and enjoy themselves while the men point cameras at trees and look silly.

You bringing any models too, J Big Grin

If it goes well I was thinking of doing that next time, might pick a different location. Just a couple of girls who need some exposure. I have a friend who runs another website that wants some girl profiles so he is keen on the idea as well.

I have two spare reflectors so shouldn't be hard as long as someone wants to play assistant at the same time.

loopy

so where are the pixs for this plane?? or is it classified!!!! ............joke

have you done any aerial shots?

take care

Christian

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post