Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kites resting in the heat.

nia said she liked kites when she was little. I have a few hobbies and flying kites is one of them.

These are a few I have made from scratch, just lying on the grass in a no wind situation.
[Image: Washington%20203.jpg]
I get a little self satisfaction out of making my own (I do the sewing as well).
This weekend I shall be going to Washington UK., to fly them, among others that I have. Camera as well. Big Grin
Weather forecast is for heavy showers. Typical. Rolleyes

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

WOW! Yes, I love kits... Once upon a time... Smile But here, I mean in my city during Spring we have a kit festival too and I have never taken photos them, maybe next year. Good luck for weekend, I am excited now. There is a little child in me Smile How beautiful all these kits... The wind be with you! And take a nice shots... I loved this photo and so meaningful and precious for me. THANK YOU,

with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Fantastic looking kites. Sounds like a great trip.

Canon stuff.

Wonderful work!!

Thanks kind folks. I did not think anyone would be interested really, until nia mentioned it.
I have around 200. (how do you fly 200).... kind of the same with cameras/lenses. Rolleyes
The tutankamun was thought up after my trip to egypt, and the cat was a print on a tee-shirt which I converted.
We choose a few festivals to go to and take off for a few days or more. After the kite festival is over we may explore the countryside in the area. Sort of like caravanning but with something to do when you get there.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

NT73 Wrote:Thanks kind folks. I did not think anyone would be interested really, until nia mentioned it.
I have around 200. (how do you fly 200).... kind of the same with cameras/lenses. Rolleyes
The tutankamun was thought up after my trip to egypt, and the cat was a print on a tee-shirt which I converted.
We choose a few festivals to go to and take off for a few days or more. After the kite festival is over we may explore the countryside in the area. Sort of like caravanning but with something to do when you get there.
WOW! Sounds so nice and so exciting... How I wished to be there too, but yes, I'll be waiting for your photos, Smile I can't believe that they are 200!!!!! Who will make them fly and who will take the photos? I think there is kit festival also in Japan and in China too... Do you know the history of the origin for the kits,.... (but sorry for my English) once upon a time, a Chinese commader wants to measure the distance between the castle and the place where he wants to digg for a ditch. So he makes a kit and makes it fly and lets it down where it is above the place then he measures the rope of the kits...Smile I heard this historical story but I am not sure is it right or not.

have a nice day,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Freeman
Jul 11, 2015, 14:51
Last Post by NT73
Oct 29, 2010, 09:52
Last Post by Don Schaeffer