Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kuala Lumper with a 7D

Well, my new 7D body arrived the day before I set off on a quick trip to Malaysia. These are some of my initial shots from a couple of days wandering around Kuala Lumper.

Sorry, no technical review here. Suffice to say that I'm very happy with the 7D. The per-pixel image quality doesn't stand up to the likes of a 5D Mk2 or a 1D Mk3, but the pixel density goes a long way to make up for the this by putting more pixels on the subject when shooting sports, etc..
The video stuff is great, the autofocus is brilliant, and the way the inbuilt flash can do full ETTL II control of external strobes is FANTASTIC!!

But enough about the camera. These photos are about Kuala Lumpur.

[Image: 800049747_RSc7P-M.jpg]
1. A building site outside my hotel.

[Image: 800052309_ZxCbN-L.jpg]
2. Man and spiral staircase.

[Image: 800050597_ZYwp7-M.jpg]
3. Afternoon rain clearing (view from my room).

[Image: 800051182_tnEK7-M.jpg]
4. Another view from the same window, just facing the other way.

[Image: 800052100_dkk2S-M.jpg]
5. KL appears to be a city full of contrasts. Nature versus Man, Rich versus Poor, and a very unique mix of cultures.

[Image: 800052938_eQNiV-M.jpg]
6. Some run-down houses with the Petronas Towers in the background.

[Image: 800053919_6X2vM-M.jpg]
7. The ceiling inside a lobby of the Petronas Towers.

[Image: 800055514_GTGvd-M.jpg]
8. Leading into the Suria KLCC (huge shopping mall between the Petronas Towers).

[Image: 800056057_Harfh-M.jpg]
9. One of the Petronas Towers.

[Image: 800057952_2dxTK-M.jpg]
10. Blue cat scavenging though rubbish in an alley.

[Image: 800058243_ZQhfY-M.jpg]
11. A man rebuilds a brake master cylinder behind my hotel (stupid photo watermark is in the way, sorry).

[Image: 800058975_uMPLc-M.jpg]
12. Monorail approaching the Chow Kit station.

[Image: 800084612_ZqGjU-M.jpg]
13. KL is full of huge apartment blocks like this.

[Image: 800058719_FVUk4-M.jpg]
14. Old man with a car.

[Image: 800060600_hP3tf-M.jpg]
15. An indoor fun park with a 7-story rollercoaster sits inside Malaysia's biggest shopping centre.

[Image: 800062496_jMaau-M.jpg]
16. Lightning storms all afternoon stop me from exploring outside, so I'm stuck in Times Square mall for 3 hours.

[Image: 800063027_g6VJb-M.jpg]
17. Finally I decide to catch the monorail back to Chow Kit. The monorail glides above a sea of brake-lights from peak-hour traffic, and through the rainy glass the lights look like hot coals.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Excellent overview of the camera's capabilities (and yours of course). 6 and 10 really sing to me - and of course the tower series is excellent.

Thanks.

#1 and #9 are among my favorites.
I would dare to suggest for #7 a version in original color in a symmetrical square format.... Smile I like it very much.
Really nice series, Adrian... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Adrian these are great. All well captured, and you are right about full of contrasts! My favurite ones are, number 10, 14, 16...
Well done, and great your camera too.

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Beautiful documentary of my birthplace... thanks for sharing. Like you say, it is truly a place of contrasts - on one hand, trying to be ultra-modern, and on the other, still having that old world, cultural charm.

Thanks for sharing Adrian - the flash control feature of the 7D is really great. I liked number 4 & 9 the best in this series.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by adam
Jun 23, 2005, 23:04